Safest online shopping – Virtual credit card (VCC)
Many of my friends refrain from online shoppingÂ becauseÂ of two major reasons,
1. The fear of card details getting stolen
2. Unavailability of Paypal account
3. Unavailability of Credit card.
I have been an avid online shopper since years,but recently I was in a jeopardy when I was asked to share myÂ creditÂ card details with a resort in malaysia to confirm my booking. Since I had to share my details by mail and not make payment online, I was apprehensive to go ahead. Although I trusted the resort based on tripadvisor ratings, but sharing card details by mail is dangerous, since they can be misused later. It was then my brother introduced me to Virtual credit card(VCC)
1. What is a virtual credit card?
A virtual credit card (VCC) is a credit card issued on your primary credit/debit card. It does not have any plastic existence. All relevant details viz. the card number, the â€˜VALID FROMâ€™ date, the expiry date and the CVV number are visible only online. The virtual credit card enables you to transact online with a credit limit of your choice.
ICICI – Gives VCC only on VISA credit card
HDFC – Gives VCC for both credit/debit card
So call up your customer care and get all details 🙂
2. Card Limit?
Starting from Rs. 1 and max will be yourÂ actualÂ plastic card limit.
3. Fee for VCC ?
Almost all banks are provding them forÂ free
VCC areÂ InternationalÂ cards, can be used on all websites.
How I use VCCÂ : I keep my limit as Rs 1 always. When I have to shop, I increase my limit to that amount and it gets updated immediately and then I make payment. Thats how my VCC limit is always 1 andÂ no oneÂ canÂ misuseÂ it. Plus it has a secure pin for online tradingÂ similarÂ toÂ actualÂ
1. Do not shop with unknown websites
2. Do not share actual card details via mail or chat
3. Enable mobile alerts for all kind of transactions on your card
4. Memorize your CVV(3 digit number) and erase it from the back side
5. Always use authentic softwares for PC safety,
6. Never use your card on some one else computer (Strangers and Cyber cafes)
I hope more people will go for online shopping and make use of huge discounts :). Do share tips for safety if you know any ?
You van visit Divya blog here 🙂
You might like reading these also:-
- Sue Devitt Triple C-Weed Loose Powder Review
- Vaadi Herbals Neem Face Pack Reviews
- OLay Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer SPF 30 -Sensitive Skin India â€“ Suggestions
- Wise She This Week Sale Alert (Week4)
- Inglot Gel Eyeliner Matte 74 Photos And Swatches
- Priyanka Chopra Wears J Brand Wax Coated Jeans