About Garnier BB Cream:-
For an instant â€œperfect skinâ€ â€“ BB Cream combines derivative of Vitamin C known for its antioxidant and brightening properties with mineral pigments to help visibly unify your skin. A miracle you can instantly feel and see on your skin.
As always, Garnier has packed a TON of information on their packaging 😛 Please read them below, if youâ€™re interested :shy:
- Quantity: 18 gms
- Price: INR 99 (Maybelline retails for INR199 for the same quantity)
Packaging: It comes in a golden-beige, slim, flat tube with a white screw cap that needs to be twisted just once to open. It has a precision nozzle which helps to control the flow of product and it dispenses just the right amount. You could even dot the cream directly onto the skin with the help of the nozzle. The tube is really tiny, compact, leak-proof and thus very-travel friendly. It comes in a black outer carton backed with the complete list of ingredients.
- Fragrance: This has a lemon-y fragrance and it has made me wonder why Garnier is so obsessed with citrus fragrance ?:-). From their lightening creams to shampoos to conditioners, they all pretty much smell the same :-/ Thankfully, this one is really mild, quite pleasant and has a refreshing feel to it without being overly acidic or pungent.
- Color: Only one shade is available and it is a neutral-toned, creamy beige that appears quite light. But since this is very sheer it will adjust accordingly irrespective your skin tone.
- Consistency: It has a light consistency that is slightly thicker than a lotion and lighter than that of a cream. It is really easy to blend and sinks into the skin within a few seconds. It is non-greasy and feels soft to the touch.
- Finish: It is very sheer and will in no way cover blemishes, scars or dark circles. It does make skin look just a wee bit bright instantly but within an hour, it looks like I have nothing on which really defeats the purpose of a BB cream.
Garnier Vs Maybelline:
And now the question which everyone wants answered: Which one is better?Â Both the tubes are of the exact same size, shape and quantity. Even the nozzle is the same but the biggest difference is the price tag. Maybelline is Rs100 more than Garnier, which means it is double the price. So, Garnier definitely scores here.
While Maybelline has 3 shades, Garnier only has one. But it really makes no difference since Garnier is very sheer and will blend well with most skin types.
Both creams are equally hydrating and do not last very long on my oily skin. Garnier takes virtually no time to blend and does not look cakey when layered. Maybelline, on the other hand, can give you a ghostly white cast if you go overboard and will look patchy if not blended well.
Coverage-wise, I initially thought both are similar. I felt Maybelline gives the â€œillusionâ€ of better coverage because of the initial white cast and matte-finish (which subsides with time). Garnier gives a more dewy finish. Hence, just like everyone else, I was all ooh-ing and aah-ing about Garnier and believed it was the clear winner here. :lashes:
Then one day, I wore Maybelline on one side of my face and Garnier on the other and decided to wait it out to see the results. The results amazed me and believe it or not I went back and re-typed a major portion of this review!! 😯
Maybelline definitely made the skin appear more even-toned and even after the white cast had faded, it made the skin appear brighter. (Please note that my hands are darker than my face and that is why Maybelline looks so chalky in the swatches). It also camouflaged minor blemishes and filled in pores. Garnier, on the other hand, gave me the same results a regular moisturizer with SPF gives. It is not a bad cream at all and I love the glow it provides, but it fails as a BB cream since there is no point of a tint that covers virtually nothing.
Rating: -Â 4/5
Garnier retails at half the price of Maybelline, blends easily, evens out skin tone, does not give a white cast, hydrates well and gives skin a healthy glow. If you prefer matte-finish, all you need to do is set it with powder and youâ€™ll get a bit more coverage too. Having said that, thereâ€™s nothing quite â€œmiraculousâ€ about this BB Cream, as claimed by Garnier. It is just a tinted moisturizer with virtually no coverage but it is really nice for daily wear. This also serves as a good makeup base especially for those with combination skin. Those with fairly good skin will love it! :yes: If you have problematic skin and youâ€™re looking for a good BB cream, one that will give u some coverage and make your skin brighter and even-toned, Maybelline will be your best bet. I personally like both and alternate between the two based on the finish I desire. :cute:
If you like BB Cream then Maybelline 8 n 1 beauty balm might interest you
You might like reading these also:-
- NYX Cream Blush Hot Pink Review and Swatch
- Chambor Rouge Plump+744 Lipstick Review & Swatches
- Anvikaâ€™s First Trip To Book Fair
- Lush King of Skin Body Butter Review
- MAC Cream Colour Base Rich Coral Review and Swatches
- Creamy Carrot Soup Recipe
- Lush North Pole Soap Review
- M.A.C Presents Carine Roitfeld Collection: Limited Edition
- Sigma F88 Flat Angled Kabuki Brush Review
- Silk Naturals Lip Stain â€“ Doll Review & Swatches