Ginger is consumed whole as a delicacy, medicine, or spice.In India it available in many forms such as chutney,pickles,salad ,murabba etc.
Young ginger rhizomes are juicy and fleshy with a very mild taste. They are often pickled in vinegar or sherry as a snack or just cooked as an ingredient in many dishes. They can also be stewed in boiling water to make ginger tea, to which honey is often added; sliced orange or lemon fruit may also be added. Ginger can also be made into candy.
Mature ginger roots are fibrous and nearly dry. The juice from old ginger roots is extremely potent and is often used as a spice in Indian recipes, and is an quintessential ingredient of Chinese Cuisine, Japanese Cuisine and many South Asian cuisines for flavoring dishes such as seafood or goat meat and vegetarian cuisine.
Ginger acts as a useful food preservative
Fresh ginger can be substituted for ground ginger at a ratio of 6 to 1, although the flavors of fresh and dried ginger are somewhat different. Powdered dry ginger root is typically used as a flavoring for recipes such as gingerbread, cookies, crackers and cake, ginger ale, and ginger beer.
Fresh ginger may be peeled before eating. For longer-term storage, the ginger can be placed in a plastic bag and refrigerated or frozen.
Below is a comprehensive list of uses of ginger as a herbal remedy.
1. Appetite loss /constipation/stomach gas-Chop ginger and sprinkle some salt on it. Mix it nicely and have it after every meal .One Can have 1or 2 gram of this after every meal.
2. For sweet voice-Taking 1tsp equal quantity of ginger juice and honey every day sweetens voice and open up vocal chords .Singers take this remedy when they have a bad throat and have a performance lined up.
3. Vomiting– Take 2tsp of ginger juice with 2tsp of onion juice and mix the both .Drinking this with water stop vomiting or vomiting sensation.
4. Paralysis-Giving equal quantity of ginger and honey juice (both2tsp in quantity) to a person who is suffering from paralysis helps the patient.
5. Lose-motions-Boil 2inch chopped ginger in 2 glass of water and give it to the person twice or thrice a day This remedy gives instant relief.(Please note-Child below 2years of age should not be given ginger )
6.Flu-If a person is suffering from flu or influenza then taking ginger tea helps. Add 3-4 basil leaves(tulsi), black pepper(kali mirch), 1 laung(cloves) and some ginger while making tea and giving it to the person suffering from flu and influenza helps in speedy recovery.
7.Constipation-Take equal quantity of ginger , jaggery(gud) and ajwain and powder them all .Now take a heavy pan and add 1tbsp ghee in it .Add the powder with half cup water and cook all the three ingredients. Taking this mixture daily with water removes constipation.
8.Motion sickness-Chewing ginger before traveling avoid motion sickness.
P.S-If pregnant, don’t take large quantities of ginger. Also avoid if you have gallstones or a bleeding disorder. Stop taking it immediately if you feel any allergic reactions.
You might like reading these also:-
- NYX Girls Round Lip Gloss Amethyst Review & Swatches
- Lakme Absolute Face Stylist Foundation Review
- Wella System Professional Platinum Gloss Review
- Estee Lauder Vivid Shine Lipstick Poppy Love Review & Swatches
- Lakme Enrich Satins #652 Lipstick Review & Swatches
- Loccitane Citrus Verbena Daily Use Conditioner Review
- Colorful Seasons Straightener by HerStyler Review
- e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation Review
- The Body Shop Chocomania Body Lotion Review
- MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick Quite The Thing! Review & Swatches