I love it when there’s something unusual about a product..it somehow makes me want to buy them. It could be the shade name (like NARS), the design of the pan ( like Physicians Formula) or it could even be the packaging! The latter is exactly what attracted me to this Guerlain lippy. I saw it on an online shopping site..i think 99labels and I couldn’t help myself. The packaging is so unique that I had to have it..And that’s how I landed with this gorgeous lippy..
This lippy came in its own box but boy is the shape of this catchy! It comes in the form of a heavy metallic bullet. When unclipped and the base of the lippy is pulled out, the lid flips up and Voila! You have a mirror!! Although I like how sexy and luxurious this feels, I have to say that it smudges like crazy. Within 5secs I had my finger prints all over it! 😉
My experience with Guerlain Rouge Lipstick in Grenade:
- Color: This is a bright raspberry pink shade shade with micro shimmers which are sooooo minute that even the swatches couldn’t capture them.It’s a bit more visible in the lip swatches though. It would suit any skin tone since this doesn’t have strong blue undertones..
- Price: $46
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This is a full coverage lipstick and packs a wallop in terms of pigmentation. What you see in the swatches and on my lips is just a single swipe!
- Texture: The lipstick is visibly glossy and I don’t have to wear a balm underneath which says a lot in itself. And rather than accentuate any dryness and flakiness on my lips, this more or less conceals it. The lipstick is super moisturizing and super soft. Honestly, it even FEELS luxurious on my lips..
- Staying Power: This lipstick stays on my lips for about 4-5hrs easily. It doesn’t leave much of a tint as it fades but I don’t mind that either..
I initially thought I’d love just the packaging..That’s after all what motivated me to buy it without ever having swatched it! But after using it, I have to say I am really impressed. This is so soft and silky….The feel of it is so light and is almost like the L’oreal Nutrishines except that this is not at all sheer and has no visible shimmer.
The moisturizing quality is another plus for this lippy. It doesn’t settle into my liplines and has this amazing ability to brighten up the whole face itself…I’m not going to say this is a must have because of the price..But yes, if ever on sale and you happen to walk past these, do give it a shot 😉
Swatches of Guerlain Rouge Lipstick in Grenade:-
And here it is on my lips 🙂
What I like about Guerlain Rouge Lipstick in Grenade:-
- Superb pigmentation
- Luxurious packaging…I mean it comes with a mirror! Wow!
- Amazing staying power
- Doesnt settle into my lip lines
- Moisturizes my lips and I don’t need to use a lip balm underneath
- Feels very light on the lips
- Will suit all skintones
- I love its glossy finish..
What I don’t like about Guerlain Rouge Lipstick in Grenade:
- Not available everywhere. Atleast I haven’t seen a counter anywhere in Pune..
Have you tried the Guerlain Rouge Lipstick in Grenade?
You may also enjoy reading:
- Colorbar Creme Touch Lipstick Classic Mauve Review & Swatches
- Diana Of London Pure Addiction Lipstick Pink Dawn Swatches & Review
- 6 Maybelline Jewel Lipstick Lip Swatches
- 16 MAC Heavenly Creature Summer 2012 Collection Swatches
- Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Shy Cherry Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Star Gloss Lip Gloss Ripe Apple Review & Swatches
- My 9 current favourite lipsticks