Iâ€™m all excited, elated and nervous as this is my first review ever!!
(Waiting for applauseâ€¦..)
Sigh! Okay,never mind. Letâ€™s get on with the review
Iâ€™ve been eyeing this product for a while now. Earlier this used to be called Mannings body butter and was packaged in a flat white plastic tub (similar to TBS body butter). So when I saw the totally revamped packaging, I couldnâ€™t resist n I picked this up Â 🙂
FYI: Mannings is Hong Kongâ€™s version of Health&Glow
What Health & Glow Claims:-
Strawberry treats your skin to a rich, moisturizing cream and also will soften and smoothen the skin.
Water, Glycerine, Shea butter, Cocoa butter, Sweet almond oil, Sesame oil, Lavender oil, Vitamin E, Strawberry extract
(Isnâ€™t that the most beautiful list of ingredients youâ€™ve seen?! 🙂 )
- Quantity: 100 ml
- Price: 169 INR
- Shelf life: 24 months from date of manufacture
- Availability: available at all Health&Glow outlets
- Packaging -Â It comes in a clear plastic tub and the label tempts you with images of fresh strawberries. The tub is the EXACT same size as Fabindia tub (yeahâ€¦I measured :-P). It even comes with the exact same white lid so the product wonâ€™t spill. I know some ppl donâ€™t prefer tub packaging but I find it apt for body butterâ€¦ plus thereâ€™ll be no wastage
How to use Body Butter
Scoop out with your fingers and massage into your skin as often as required
Color and Consistency:
Itâ€™s a pale pink colored cream. Neither too thick nor too runnyâ€¦perfect consistency for a body cream. I was initially worried if would be all greasy and sticky since itâ€™s body â€œbutterâ€ after all and the weather is very humid where I live. I used it after a warm bath and the cream just melted into my skin. It sank in really fast and to my surprise there was no greasiness at all!
The primary reason I bought this was for the smell. I love strawberries! Sure enough, when I opened the tub an irresistibly yummmm smell filled the air. The scent isnâ€™t of fresh strawberries. It smells exactly like bubblegum. I slathered it on and imagining that I smelled like a giant strawberry candy, I sauntered into the room, hoping to make heads turn as they closed their eyes and whiffed the air (just like in all the commercials :-D). But nothing of the sort happened! Seeing no reaction I went to my hubby and asked him, â€œSoâ€¦do u smell anything?â€
Hubby (sniffing): No
Me (getting impatient): Do u smell strawberries?
Hubby (sniffing vigorously): Errâ€¦no
Me (almost stuffing my arm into his nose): How bout now?
Hubby: Aah! yes
(Finally!!) I sniffed my skin and realized he was right. The smell was really mild. So this is good news for those who have a sensitive nose or those who donâ€™t like strong fragrances.
I have very dry, itchy skin on my legs and this cream worked wonders for me. I especially tend to itch terribly after depilation. So I put this to the acid test and used it right after shaving. First of all, it didnâ€™t burnâ€¦ so it reassured me that the ingredients are all natural. Secondly my skin never felt itchy for more than 4 to 6 hours!! Am completely amazed since Iâ€™ve tried so many creams and nothing has worked like this. I used it after epilating and it soothed the redness. Needless to say, am in love with this product :inlove:
(I just realized how odd my hand looks! :pain: )
What I like about Â H&G Strawberry body butter:
- Non-greasy. Gets absorbed easily
- Moisturizes for 4 to 6 hours
- Soothes itchy, irritated skin
- Has a lovely, mild, bubblegum fragrance
- Spill-proof & travel-friendly packaging
- Can be used in both summer and winter
- Reasonably priced
- 1 tub can easily last 2 months if used carefully
- Natural ingredients
- Not tested on animals
- Does what it claims
What I did not like about Â H&G Strawberry body butter:
- Availability may be an issue if u donâ€™t have H&G outlets in your city
- Tub packaging can be unhygienic
- Some may not like the bubblegum fragrance
- May not suit very oily skin
- Complete list of ingredients is not given
- Not for internal consumption (Sorryâ€¦couldnâ€™t help adding that :-D)
Will I repurchase?Â This is a rhetorical question after this review. But anywayâ€¦Yessss!!
- Â Quality : 5/5
- Packaging : 4.5/5
- Fragrance : 5/5
- Effectiveness : 5/5
- Price : 4/5