Herbal Treatment For Long Hair
Hello my beauties! I hope everyone is doing fine of course all would be fine, now that Rakshabandhan passed just a day ago all of you are laden with gifts and oodles of pampering! 😛
Wiseshe was flooded with ideas to dress up yourself and your long hair in just the right way this festive season and rightly so! But what about the aftermath? Our hair needs all the love and conditioning (pun intended) in this world! So here i am with a few magical herbal treatments to keep your tresses long, shiny and healthy!
The goodness of bananas!
- 1-2 ripe bananas depending upon your hair length
- 2tbsp of honey
- 4-5 drops of almond oil
- One egg (if you are vegetarian you can avoid egg but it works well with dry hair)
Preparation: In this hair pack you can use any banana which has rotten up and you are thinking of throwing them into the dustbin. Mix all the ingredients and blend it into a mixer. Make a smooth paste and apply it in your hair. You can dampen your hair a bit before applying this pack with lukewarm water. Cover up your whole hairs with the hair pack including your scalp and wait for about half an hour.
You can wrap up your hair with clean polythene if you do not have a shower cap available at home that time. Wash it off with water and shampoo your hair as usual.
Both the above hair packs protects your hair from damages and split ends. Nowadays when our hair is expose to so much of pollution, dirt and stress it becomes a necessity to provide them with good nutrients.
Oiling regularly with a herbal hair oil!
You can always opt for the self proclaimed Herbal Hair Oils which are so readily available in the market or you can try this! You can try this homemade hair oil which works better than any other over the counter products.
What will you be needing-
- Curry Leaves ( handful)
- 4 pods garlic
- 5 Shallots/ Ulli/ Sambar Onion
- 7 Peppercorns
- Hibiscus Powder
- 500g Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
How to Prepare the Hair Oil-
- Well, first of all wash the curry leaves in water and put them on a dry towel to let the water get absorbed. Keep the dry leaves aside.
- Now keep all the other ingredients at one place.
- Also you need hibiscus powder for this recipe. In case you have a hibiscus plant nearby then just takes the flowers and dry them. You donâ€™t need to powder the flowers!
- Now take a pan ( iron pan) and add coconut oil in it.
- Add peppercorns, curry leaves & hibiscus powder in it!
- Let the mixture boil sufficiently until the leaves start changing the color and turn black.
- Now when the leaves turn really black, add the shallots & garlic in the pan.
- One thing that you should keep in mind is that when you add shallots, the oil sizzles due to the water content in it. As the water content evaporates, the oil sizzling will stop!
- As everything turns deep brown, turn off the flame and let the mixture cool for about 3-4 hours at room temperature. Afterwards strain the oil.
- Properly squeeze out the residual oil from the leaves & herbs thoroughly.
- Store this oil in a glass bottle.
The miraculous Aloe-Vera!
Aloevera plays quite an important role when it comes to growing hair fast. You can buy an aloe vera plant from any nursery and cut one leaf peel off the skin and rub the gel like substance of the leaf on hair scalp. Keep it for 20minutes and wash it off with shampoo. You can buy aloe vera juice and use it in the same way too.
In a bowl squeeze in half lemon juice and add 1/4th cup or more aloe vera juice into it depending upon your hair length. My hair are little below shoulder length and 1/4th cup of the mixture is sufficient to cover my hair. If aloe vera smell irritates you then you can add few drops of your favorite essential oil into the mixture as well. Apply the mixture in your hair and let it stay for three to five minutes and rinse it off with water.
Treat your long hair like your most priced procession and make use of these herbal remedies to make them look beautiful!
Are you going to try this Herbal Treatment For Long Hair?
You may also like reading:-