I love roses. The rose, this beautiful delicate flower is a flower more famous than any other in the whole world. Rose is a popular ingredient in skin care — and with good reason! Extracts of this delicate flower may be used on all skin types and are often included in products for dry, sensitive, oily or combination skin. Containing a complex array of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, rose has excellent emollient properties for moisturizing dry skin; it also offers antiseptic and astringent properties to treat acneic/oily skin, as well as anti-inflammatory properties that help treat redness and inflammation. Rose can also help refine skin texture, controlling skin diseases such as psoriasis and atopic dermatitis. Rose is also extremely hydrating so it works great as a moisturizer. This amazing flower also has anti-septic properties and makes a great cleanser, removing oil, dirt and other contaminants that reside deep within the skins pores. All around this is a great all natural beauty product that can replace your cleanser, toner and moisturizer! You get all three in one.Â Rose also possesses aromatherapy properties that calm and soothe and help keep skin soft and moisturized. It naturally contains retinol (vitamin A), which may help treat lines and wrinkles and other visible signs of aging. Thus we can summarise that Rose is wonderful because it is very versatile and can be used to treat dry wrinkled skin to oily acne prone skin. It prevents aging by tightening skin pores and even reducing wrinkles! So todayâ€™s post is about how to do Rose facial at convenience of your home only. In this post I have also post link from two awesome posts from two awesome contributors â€“ Pranali and Sahiba. So without much do lets start the facial:
- First of all take steam so as to open up your pores for further steps. For this take boiling water in a big bowl and to it petals of rose. You can also add to it 5-6 drops of essential rose oil. I always prefer to use fresh rose petals instead.
- Now 2nd step-scrubbing. For this you can use excellent home made rose scrub (courtesy our gorgeous Sahiba), link here:
- 3rd step is massaging. You can use any Rose based creame for massage. Massage it in your skin for 4-5 minutes and wipe it with cotton swab.
- Fourth step is face mask. I am using various ingredients other than rose also for better results. T he recipe is as follows:
- 9-10 Rose petals.
- 1 teaspoon Oats.
- 3-4 Walnut kernels.
- 1 teaspoon Curd.
- 5-6 strands of Saffron.
- Take 1 teaspoon of curd, add to it 5-6 strands of saffron, put it in refrigerator and leave it overnight so that curd fully absorb saffron and turns yellowish in colour.
- Next morning wash rose petals and finely crush them.
- Take 1 teaspoon of oats and 3-4 walnut kernels and finely ground them.
- Now mix crushed rose petals and mixture of oats and walnuts.
- To this mixture add the mixture of saffron and curd.
- Now to it add besan as per your need or till you get the proper consistency to spread it over easily.
- Apply it all your neck and face leaving your under eye area and lips.
- After 20-25 minutes rinse it off, pat dry your face .
Now last and final step is to apply home made rose water using cotton wool. This home-made rose water tip is super easy and has been contributed by our sweet and sincere Pranali. Read here.
So ladies thatâ€™s it. I know this facial sound a bit time consuming is tedious but believe me the effects afterwards are definitely worth the pain. You will get most rosy and beautiful glow ever which is far better than the temporary glow of Parlor facials. So give it a try and flaunt your beauty.
Did you like the rose facial procedure?
You might also like reading these:-
- Schwarzkopf Gliss Total Repair Heat Protection Spray Review
- 5 Best Hand Creams
- MUA Eye Shadow Pearl Shade 28 Review & Swatches
- 6 Best ways to Treat Dark Circles at Home
- 10 Worth Trying Elle 18 Products
- Coloressence Mesmerising Lip Color Nued Sude Review & Swatches
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot Frozen Violet Review & Swatches
- 10 Best Hair Care Products