How Aromatherapy Helps In Insomnia
Insomnia or sleep disorder has a huge impact over the lifestyle due to hectic schedule, work pressure, physical illness, stress, depression, etc. These are all the root causes of insomnia which should be cured. If you suffer from insomnia once in a while then you can use few tips to cure but if you suffer from serious insomnia then it is recommended to go for treatment since Aromatherapy cannot cure it from the roots.
Always avoid taking hot water bath at least an hour before you go to bed because it increases your body temperature and makes it hard for you to sleep. Essential oil bath can make you feel sleepy with its aromatic fragrance. So Add few drops of any essential oil to the lukewarm water in the bath tub and take a relaxing bath.
Never go for a massage right before going to bed since this can also affect your sleep. Massage your back and foot at least an hour before to stimulate your nerves which can help you fall asleep easily.
Fragrance In Your Room
Essential oils can be used in the bed room by dropping few drops on a cotton ball and keeping it beside your bed. You can also use it on the pillow or just slightly spray it on the sheets. However you should choose the oil carefully because few oils stimulate the senses such as lemon, rosemary, peppermint, grapefruit and cypress. Use oils like lavender, chamomile, hops, dill, Melissa, etc.
Herbal teas have natural calming effects and so try taking it in the tea time or few hours before bedtime. Consider a cup of chamomile tea since this passion flower can help you in relaxing and make you fall asleep easily with its pleasant flavor.
Get to Know The Oils
- Bergamot: This oil is extracted from the peel of a kind of citrus fruit which reduces anxiety and depression.
- Benzoin: This oil has sedative properties which provides warmth and relaxes you.
- Chamomile: This is therapeutic oil and helps in curing insomnia.
- Clary Sage: This oil helps in calming nervous system and aids stress and depression.
- Frankincense: This oil helps in giving mental peace and tranquility due to which it is mostly found in religious places for incense.
- Geranium: This oil smells like roses and is also known as womenâ€™s oil due to its ability to cure female imbalances.
- Jasmine: This oil has sedative nature and calming properties which helps in reducing stress and fatigue.
- Lavender: This oil cures anxiety and depression relaxing nerves and providing deep sleep.
- Mandarin: This oil cures PMS mood swings and cures acne thus proving itself as oil for oily skin.
- Marjoram: This oil cures anxiety, colds, insomnia, and joint and muscle pains.
- Neroli: This oil cures depression with its flowery fragrance. It also has sedative and aphrodisiac properties.
- Rose: This oil also has sedative properties and has calming and aphrodisiac properties with floral fragrance.
- Sandalwood: This oil has diuretic, tonic and decongestant properties which cures depression and anxiety.
- Spikenard: This oil helps in reducing stress, insomnia, indigestion and migraine headaches.
- Ylang Ylang: This oil has calming and soothing properties that reduces palpitation and hypertension. It is also widely being used in skin and hair care products.
- Exercising regularly can improve your health. So, indulge into an exercise routine or join a center. You can go for yoga and meditation as well since it is considered best for insomnia.
- Never eat just before going to bed. It only makes you hard to sleep. Keep at least an hour gap in between.
- Avoid stress as much as possible especially an hour before your bedtime.
- Avoid noise or any distractions in the night before going to bed.
- Keep the environment around you calm and pleasant so that you can sleep peacefully. Sometimes the bright lights, noise and messy room can distract a lot.
Have you tried these ways to deal with Insomnia?
You might like to read:-