How Do You Color Your Hair
Coloring hair is not just a trend but has also become more of a need. People now days due to their busy schedules resort to hair coloring other than the old traditional ways to dye hair and cover up gray hair. Moreover the right hair color can transform your looks & enliven your skin tone.
But getting hair color done at the salon every time needs a lot of time and also gets your pocket on fire. How about getting your hair colored done at home? Even people often try hair coloring at home, but negligence of instructions and lack of practice does not give salon alike results.
The big question here is How Do You Color Your Hair?
Today I shall share with you all some tips and steps about coloring hair properly and this will definitely help you color your hair better. Before I head any further, read these simple rules if you are coloring hair for the first time.
- Be Conservative:Â Don’t choose a color more than two to three shades lighter or darker than your natural color, if it is your first time.
- Patch Test: Always do patch tests before you color your entire head to know if eh hair color you are using suits you and is non allergic.
- Always Condition:Most hair color kits come with a tube of deep conditioner. Use it right after you rinse out the dye, then do a deep-conditioning treatment at least once a week after that. It will help you preserve your hair color and make them shinier, healthy looking.
- Wait For A Day Post Shampoo: Wait at least one day after shampooing before coloring your hair, and always apply color to dry hair.
- Enlist a Friend to Help:A friend will help and ensure that you don’t miss a spot or hair portion on the back of your head.
- After Your First Time, Dye Only Your Roots:Your hair will get brittle, and your color patchy, if you recolor your whole head every six weeks. When your hair roots start to show, apply dye only to the roots that we call as doing root touchups. Comb it through the rest of your hair a few minutes before the processing time is up.
Things You Will Need
- Coloring Brush
- Mixing Bowl
- Hair Clips
- Rattail Comb
- Dark Towels (To wrap around and to wipe any drips)
- Vaseline ( To apply to skin where you do not want to stain with color, Vaseline will prevent staining)
- Step 1 – Choose shade and product. Try to stay in the same basic color family as your current color.
- Step 2 – Wear old clothes or use towel. Wrap towel around your neck to prevent staining your clothes. Keep a small towel handy to wipe any drippings; Wipe up any floor drips immediately; the solution can stain ceramic tiles.
- Step 3 – Put on the gloves provided with the kit, mix the colorant with the developing solution in the ratio as mentioned by the brand you are using, and mix vigorously.
- Step 4 – Now that you are done with mixing colorant, apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly/ Vaseline along neck and hairline. This will prevent skin from staining.
- Step 5 – Apply the color mixture. Use smooth strokes and work from the front moving towards the back of the head. Try to cover up hair strands evenly.
- Step 6 – Leave the color on your hair for a time duration that the package directs. If you are re-coloring or doing root touch ups, apply color to the root area and then apply the remaining mixture to the rest of the hair just five minutes before rinsing hair.
- Step 7 – Rinse your hair thoroughly after the leave on duration is over with cool water preferably or you can use lukewarm water.
- Step 8 – Apply the conditioner that came with the coloring kit, and rinse according to directions.
This was all about hair coloring. One tip to follow is to shampoo less. To maintain your new color, limit shampooing to every three days and use cool water, which keeps hair cuticles smooth and locks in color.
How Do You Color Your Hair? Do you follow the same steps?
You might like to read:-
- My Recent Hair Color Experience
- Simple tips to choose hair color that suits your skin tone
- Best Hair Colour Shades For Indian Skin Tone
- Wella Professionals Unveils That Ammonia Free Hair Color Is Not Damage Free â€“ Blogger Meet
- Tips To Color Hair At Home