1. Your skin tone is dark if you have a dark olive, bronze, rich beige or black complexion.
2. Ivory complexion and porcelain complexion has a light skin tone.
3. Your skin tone is light medium if you have a rose beige, light olive or ash brown complexion.
4. Your skin tone is medium dark if you have a yellow beige, medium olive or rose brown skin.
If you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t know the above mentioned color then you can easily Google them and relate with them. You yourself will understand the color of your skin tone.
Following tips will help you out significantly when you go for foundation shopping next time.
1. Carry your previous foundation bottle with you when you are going to purchase a new one. This helps you both ways. If you were satisfied with the foundation which your bought previously then you can buy a new brand with the same color and if you werenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t then you can choose the shade lighter or darker accordingly.
2. The basic mistake which generally all girls do is choosing the foundation which is lighter than their skin tone. This gives a real artificial look and completely spoils your make up. Foundation is the base of any kind of makeup and if it goes wrong then whole look goes for a toss.
3. If you think you can choose the right color foundation by testing it on your hand or wrist then you are completely wrong. Skin of different areas is different in color and by matching the shade on your hand will not serve the purpose at all. The ideal way is to apply it on your jaw line and match it with proper face complexion.
4. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t forget to ask for a free sample which are provided by the company so that you can test on your skin and then buy a perfect foundation for yourself.
5.Take your friend ,relative or husband(if you are fortunate one) along with you they can help you out and give right kind of suggestions.
6.It is important to evaluate how the foundation will look in day light since stores use lights which are different then day light.