How To Choose The Perfect Concealer For Fair Skin
How is the monsoon claiming fame in your cities? Delhi has been really pleasant, but a bit humidâ€”given the glorious Delhi monsoons! Makeupâ€”especially heavy foundations are always a nuisance to carry in this weather, and I for once, try restricting myself to just a few dabs of concealer topped off with some powder for an everyday look.
A flawless looking facial base, however important it may be, can get a little overwhelming in humid weather. A perfect alternative is to skip on the foundation and opt for medium coverage concealers. But now the problem lies in choosing the correct shade of concealer! So todayâ€™s post is dedicated to all the fair-skinned beauties who are struggling to choose their perfect concealerâ€”to rock this monsoon.
Which type of concealer to chose?
Market these days is flooded with loads of innovatively formulated concealersâ€”from tubs, pots, tubes, sticks, liquids, powders to pensâ€”the market has it all. But how to choose the right formulation for your skin tone, here is how!
- Liquid tube concealersâ€”the liquid concealers are one of the most conventional makeup formulas which works well for all skin types till the time it is used judiciously. Though normal-combination and dry skin types may benefit the most out of it; oily skinned dames can also rejoice in its glory if the concealer is flawlessly set with a powder. The most easily to blend and build-up, liquid concealers are the best bet for covering heavy imperfections of the face ranging over a large area.
- Concealer Tubsâ€”we have all seen and at some point used those concealers which come in these cute pots or tub like packaging. Though not the most hygienic to use, they give medium to light coverage and are apt for covering little imperfections or minor darkness in the under eye. The less liquid texture and the powdery matte finish make it apt for oily-combination skin beauties.
- Highlighting pen concealersâ€”now these pens here are the most intriguing concealer type to use. These are infused with light reflecting particles and are generally restricted to under-eye area as it gives light coverage as well as brightens up dreary looking under-eye area. The highlighting concealer pens can also be used as a conventional highlighter if placed on the face strategically.
- Stick concealersâ€”undeniably the most difficult to blend, these stick or roll-up like concealers are the most versatile makeup you can own. Very easy to apply, and apt for almost all skin types (depending on the respective concealerâ€™s formulation)â€”stick concealers are generally used to cover up and correct slight imperfections, blemishes, freckles or dark spots. If you ask me, I would advise you against using stick concealers for under-eye areas.
How to pick the right shade?
Now comes the more intriguing aspect of choosing a concealer for fair skinâ€”the shade range. The market has dozens of shades, no actually hundredsâ€”and choosing the one perfect for you can get confusing if you are not aware of these general pointers.
- Go for a concealer in a shade lighter than your skin tone.
- For acne marks, scars and heavy cover up, choose a concealer matching your skin tone perfectly.
- For an instant under eye brightening concealer, get a concealer in a shade lighter than your skin tone. Make sure not to go any lighter than one shade as it may look ashy, reversing the role of concealer entirely.
- For bluish-purple toned under-eye darkness, go for an orange-yellow based concealer to cancel out the darkness.
- Extremely fair skins generally have to deal with greenish-blue under-eye discoloration due to their translucent milky skin which shows up the veins really well. Such discolorations can be easily cancelled out using mauve-rose based concealers.
- Keep in mind your undertone, and chose a concealer which complements your skin. Generally fair skinned women, no matter the undertone are advised to get pink-salmon based concealer, but thatâ€™s not rightâ€”generally women need a yellow-toned concealer which is a universal skin-flatterer.
- The last tipâ€”which is probably the best known tipâ€”is to use a green concealer to cancel out the redness and cover up the acnes scars or any other red based scarring on the skin. This trick really worksâ€”the green concealer acts like an eraser for your scars, it just makes them disappear when applied with the right technique.
So here are the ways to choose the perfect concealer for fair skin. Let us know if you have any other interesting pointers!
Do you have more information about concealers?
You might also like to read:-
- Newspaper Nail Art Tutorial Step By Step
- Claireâ€™s FAUX NAILS Review
- 15 Do-s and Dont-s While Taking Care Of Brittle Nails
- How To Grow Nails Faster
- A Simple Nail Art Using Nails Gone Bling Nail Stickers