How To Color Correct, Conceal, Contour & Highlight With MAC Pro Conceal Palette + Review
Hello gorgeous people,
I am sure anyone who is reading this article to is aÂ makeup junkie and any makeup would agree to the fact that apart from owning a great product, it is also important to know how exactly to use it and if you have got it right, you will nail any makeup look.
As I have mentioned many a times that makeup is no science, rather it is an art, so every individual has a different have using and applying makeup; But there is no harm in adapting a tried and tested way to get things done the correct way.
Having said this let me share with you all how to color correct, conceal, contour and highlight. This will be like a one spot tutorial for major must no makeup techniques because if you do these properly, you know you have a flawless makeup face to flaunt. This is not it; I will be doing this all with the much raved MAC Pro Conceal Palette.
Dig in to know more.
About MAC Pro Conceal Palette Medium Deep:
A palette with four concealors and two corrector shades to match any skin tone. A professional palette of four concealors and two corrector shades in a medium color wave. Enriched with antioxidants and suited for all skin types, they can be used individually or combined to match any skin tone. Emollient-based formula delivers medium to full buildable coverage in a natural finish. Helps to correct skin tone and conceal dark circles, blemishes, moles, tattoos and birthmarks. Long-wearing, eight hours. Crease-proof, eight hours. Provides stay-true color, eight hours. Dermatologist tested. Ophthalmologist tested. Non-acnegenic.
- Long-wearing, eight hours
- Crease-proof, eight hours
- Provides stay-true color, eight hours
- Dermatologist tested
- Ophthalmologist tested
Price: INR 3350 for 6g
Shelf Life: 3 years
The concealor comes as a classy black square compact with a black base and transparent body! The concealor palette looks great even with the simple and not so fancy packaging! The palette comes with an outer cardboard cover as well just like all the other products have the outer cover when buying from MAC.
The six different shades are packed nicely and the palette is very compact. It can be easily kept in the travel bag. There is 1 gm of each shade in the palette and if purchased separately then also you will get 1 gm of each concealor, so this makes this palette a great deal and also provides the ease of having different concealing shades in one palette with a significant amount of product.
Shade:Â The shade I opted for myself is the Medium Deep shade and it has a great variation of six concealing shades which are suited for my skin tone. This is a great thing about MAC that you get products as per your exact skin tone and undertones so as to provide the best and the most natural looking products as per individual skin tone!
Texture: The texture of the concealing shades when I swatched on the hands appeared to be quite consistent and had an opaque coverage. The super blend able property of these concealing shades is yet another merit of this concealing palette.
I will share my thoughts on the texture and ease of blending only after I have used it considerable number of times to give a clear impression about it!
Shades: The palette has six shades, the shades names are:
- NC40, NW40
- NC42, NW43
- Rich Yellow, Burnt Coral (The orange color correcting shade)
I have mentioned the shades row wise.
My Experience: MAC Pro Conceal Palette has been around for quite some time and is a very popular product. This was originally launched for makeup artists and was available only in pro stores; however considering the popularity of this, MAC has now made this available in MAC retail stores in their permanent line.
Generally we Indians have skin tones varying from NC 38 to NC 45. The MAC Pro Conceal Palette is available in three shades i.e., Light, Medium and Deep. I am NC 42 and I picked up the palette in shade medium, which is perfect for my skin tone. The shade medium will flatter skin tones from NC 40 to NC 45.
This palette has six different shades which can be used individually or be mixed to be used. The palette provides the ease of altering the tones; likewise the shades can be mixed to create a deeper concealing/contouring shade or making a warmer concealing shade.
Out of the six shades it is only the Rich Yellow shade that I do not use, because it kinds makes my skin look very yellowish toned, but the rest five shades work phenomenally well for my skin tone.
The packaging is really very convenient and well thought with nothing fancy. Coming to the texture and color pay off, let me just say I am in love with this palette. The shades are much pigmented and go opaque with minimal use of product. The texture too is very workable; blending the product is not a big task, it blends smoothly and seamlessly. This makes this product great for contouring as contouring always call for a lot of blending.
Needless to say, this palette has got in the list of my favorites and I totally love using this.
How TO Use:
- To begin with, first cover the hyper pigmented areas of the face. The dark circles, acne scars and the dark area around the lips are the areas that need color correcting. For this I use the deep orange shade from the palette. Orange color correctors work great for correcting the pigmented spots of the face. Make sure to apply it just where needed and blend it precisely.
- After color correcting, use shade NC 42 on top of the corrector. Apply it in dab motions and then blend it out. Using a brush for step 1 and 2 is ideal as this ensures better blending.
- Now it is time for foundation application. I use studio fix foundation in shade NC 42. I apply it with the help of the beauty blender sponge. This foundation flawlessly covers the scars, dark circles and darkness around my lips. Of course, color correcting takes the credit of doing that but foundations too is necessary to even out the skin.
- Now to contour use shade NW43. With the help of the contour brush apply the contouring shade under your cheek bones coming from the near of your ear and going down under the cheek bones. From the outer corner of the ear apply going towards the temples and into the hairline. Watch me doing this in the video for precision.This is one of the best crÃ¨me contouring bronzer and is my favorite.
- So now it is time for highlighting. For highlighting I use the shade lighter than my skin tone, from this palette I use shade NC 40. Highlight you forehead, the bridge of your nose, cupidâ€™s bow.\
This brings to the end of the use of the palette. Finish your makeup by adding a touch of blush, apply lip color, groom your brows and ensure doing eye makeup.
This palette can be used by all skin types. In winters the product needs a bit of warming, which can easily be done with the help of the fingers, wherein in warmer weather conditions the product can be used straight from the palette without any need of warming the texture.
After using this palette, if you apply a translucent powder on top of it, you are good to go for eight hours. I think that is a commendable staying time.
Do not miss out to watch the video and see how I use this palette. Hit thumbs up if you like the video and find it helpful.
You might also like to read:
- Video Updates On WiseShe This Week : Chambor Lip Crayons, 25 â€œFaaltuâ€ Things Tag
- Video Updates To Checkout This Week : Homemade Aloevera Oil Recipe, 15 Eyeliner Hacks
- 15 Awesome Eyeliner Hacks Everyone Should Know + Video
- 5 Best of Lâ€™Oreal Color Riche Exclusive Pinks & Collection Star Pinks Matte Lip Color For Brown Skin + Video
- Amazing Homemade Aloevera Oil Recipe For Scars & Stretch Marks + Video
You might like the video