How To Do Manicure & Pedicure At Home
Your hands and feet are reflection of yourself and well groomed feet and hands contribute a lot to your overall appearances. We all pay attention to our face; scrubbing, cleaning, toning, moisturizing, and what not. But, we often forget that the rest of our body needs pampering too and taking care of them always takes a backseat.
But it is very essential to take care of our hands and feet and pedicure and manicure are great ways to pamper them by keeping them clean and healthy. Moreover, easy and effective manicure and pedicure procedures at home help you pamper your hands and feet without costing a bomb.
So sharing my manicure and pedicure processes with you.
Things youâ€™ll need:-
- Cotton balls
- Nail polish remover
- Nail cutter/Nail filer
- Sea salt
- Warm water
- Pumice stone
- Nail cleaning brush/Any normal toothbrush
- Cuticle pusher
- Nail buffer
- Oil/Moisturiser and a thick cream
- Nail polish
- Soak a cotton ball in acetone free nail polish remover and take off any old nail polish by wiping nails with it.
- Take warm water in a tub and add 3-4 spoons of shampoo and the sea-salt in it. Soak your feet for 10-15 minutes in the solution.
- Use a good foot file or pumice stone and gently slough off the dry, rough and dead skin cells from the hard, rough portions of your feet like the heels, sides of your heels, beneath the toes, around your toes etc. Donâ€™t be too harsh, just be firm yet gentle.
- Donâ€™t use pumice stone on hands. Follow the next step instead.
- You can also exfoliate and remove all the dead skin cells by scrubbing hands and feet using a few blobs of body scrub on a loofah.
- Use a medium toothbrush to clean the nails and if possible run an angular nail cleaner under the tip of each nail to remove any dirt.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Pat hands and feet dry with a towel.
- Cut your nails using a nail cutter and give it your desired shape and size.
- Time to buff your nails. Use a good nail buffer, I prefer Revlonâ€™s crazily shine nail buffer for this. It works magic.
- Use a cuticle pusher to scrunch and push the cuticles backward.
- Dust off your nails.
- Take a thick cream/lotion or oil and massage well until your skin fully absorbs the product. I use almond and olive oil mixed with a few drops of essential oil of my choice and massage my hands and feet with it.
- For nails, I prefer a thick cream and I choose boroline always. Gently massage the cream into the nail bed.
- Wait for a few minutes till the creams get absorbed completely and then apply a base coat to each toenail and fingernail.
- Complete your manicure and pedicure session with two coats of your favourite nail polish.
So, happy hands and feet are just steps away. Start pampering them
Have you tried doing manicure & pedicure at home?
You might like to read:-