is one of the most persistent skin disorders and one which prompts a person to visit a dermatologist most often. And, to clear you all of any misconceptions, acne is not only a disorder experienced by oily skin. Though oily skin is most prone to acne due to its high oil production, dry skin and normal skin are equally prone. And, another fact about acne is that it can occur anywhere on the body and requires same kind of treatment you would give to face acne. Back acnes can be very painful. So, let us come to few tips about acne. Preventing acne is the best bet and that requires a great deal of discipline. Hygiene is one of the most important issues to be addressed while preventing acne. Some tips which I am suggesting here are:
– Wash your skin with very gentle cleanser or best if you use milk. Make sure you have a medicated cleanser instead of the advertised commercial ones. Commercial cleansers and face washes have many chemicals which can trigger irritation and spread acne.
– Use a separate face towel.
– Do not touch your face or acne prone areas and do not let your hair fall on your face. The hair ends irritate the skin and cause the skin to breakout. When going for a haircut, make sure you specify this point to your stylist. Avoid any bangs and flicks as forehead breakouts are all the more frequent.
– Change your pillow covers and bed sheets regularly, probably twice in a week. The dirt and oil from the face gets on the pillows and again attaches itself to your face when you roll over and sleep.
– Do not exfoliate your face. It is most important as exfoliation causes irritation in the skin and helps spreading the acne. Use milk to exfoliate.
Now, let us discuss the diet necessary to avoid acne or best natural acne treatment
– Reduce the amount of sugar and salt you intake.
– Cut down the junk, oily and spicy food.
– Stop drinking soft drinks as they have high content of sugar in them.
– Refrain from munching on energy bars as they do no good to your body.
– Finally, reduce the amount of chocolate you intake. You can occasionally treat yourself to dark chocolate but remember everything is bad in excess.
– Drink lots and lots of water and include fresh fruit juices in your daily routine.
– Avoid canned fruit juices as they hardly have any nutrients in them. Instead, they are full of preservatives and chemicals used for processing the juices. Rely on your home juicer to squeeze out juices or make smoothies with help of your bender. A safe and nutritious choice.
– Eat lots of green veggies. And, include salads in your meals.
Some of the best home remedies to avoid acne or best ways to get rid of acne scars
– Turmeric for acne:
You can use turmeric for practically every skin problem. To get rid of acne, rely on topical application of turmeric. Make a paste of turmeric with fresh lemon or orange juice and apply to the affected areas. You can also mix sandalwood powder if you are sure of the purity. I am not suggesting it because the sandalwood powder available in the market is certainly not pure and you would not want to apply anything to your skin which will aggravate the condition.
– Pineapple for acne: Pineapple is one of the fruits which has the highest quantity of AHA’s (alpha-hydroxy acids). AHA’s are useful nutrients for the skin to preserve its youthful appearance and building up collagen. And, pineapple is also useful in clearing the blackheads, tightening the pores and healing from free-radical damage.
– Baking Soda for acne : I am pretty sure you all would be aware by now of this natural all-purpose ingredient available in our kitchens. IT also has the properties of clearing off the acne. Make a paste of baking soda with water and apply it to the affected areas or whole of the face. Regular usage would keep your skin clean and free from breakouts. But, make sure you do not overdo this remedy. Twice in a week is more than advisable. Combined with other remedies, it would work very well. And, another benefit of using baking soda would be automatic exfoliation of your face. Baking soda will clean your skin right down from the pores and would give you a glowing complexion.In India, you would get baking soda by the name of eating soda or cooking soda in any general stores. And, it is different from the baking powder and washing soda.
– Neem leaves for acne: The oldest Indian remedy which heals everything. Take some leaves right from the tree and pound them. Make a mixture of the leaves, the water coming from the pounding of the leaves and turmeric. Apply to the affected areas. You can boil some leaves in a litre of water and pour the water in your bathing tub for taking shower. It will keep all the skin disorders away from your skin.
– Garlic and Onion juice for removing acne and acne scars:- They are one of the best ingredients available in the kitchen and can heal everything right from cold and cough to hair fall. Squeeze some garlic or onion juice and apply to the affected parts. Follow this remedy regularly but not more than once a day.
Some other ingredients from kitchen good for acne are Aloevera gel
straight from the plant, pomegranate juice, carrots, apples, mint juice, mangoes, oranges, all kinds of berries, jamun or black plum. And, lacto calamine lotion is something I would advise for topical application at night. The clay in the lotion absorbs the oil from the affected areas and helps the acne to disappear.
Article is written by Swathy of Perfect Skin Care for you .You can visit her blog to read more acne herbal remedies.
You might like reading these also
Ram Dev Divya Kanti Lep review
Four best foundation for oily skin/Best foundation for acne prone skin
Your guide for beautiful, healthy and dewy skin