How To Grow Nails Faster- The Natural Way
Naturally strong, healthy nails are every woman’s dream possession. While strong nails showcase your overall health; short, stubby nails which just would not grow any more beyond your fingertips can look really unflattering, and if I dare say, make your fingers look unappealing!
Our fingernails are composed of layers of a special protein named keratin the same protein which composes our hair. Growing strong nails is not difficult, but at the end it is not an overnight miraculous treatment; it is a process and like all processes, growing your nails lon takes time. Patience is the main key. So here are a few natural, home-remedies to convert your unsightly, stubby nails to gorgeous and beautiful nails.
Olive oil is the best oil ever made to compensate for all your nail needs.
- Take half a cup of olive oil and heat it for about 15 seconds in your microwave or double boiler. Do not boil it, just bring it to a comfortably warm temperature. Dip your fingernails into the bowl and let the oil get soaked in your nails and the nail bed for about 20 minutes. This needs to be done each night before you go to sleep the results will amaze you.
- If you do not like the idea of soaking your nails and fingers in oil for a good 20 minutes, take a couple of spoons of warm olive oil, and massage it gently but firmly on your nails and cuticles. After 5 minutes of gentle massage, wear thin cotton gloves and doze off. Again, this procedure needs to be done every night for about a month to get the desired results.
Lemons are a savior for our skin and nails a true savior at that!
- Take a sliced lemon, devoid of any seeds and rub it directly onto your fingernails for about 5-7 minutes. Steer clear from this step if you have any cuts or torn cuticles as the acidic content in the lemons may sting the skin and it will sting, rather badly!
- Take a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice; mix it with 2 tablespoons of olive or coconut oil. Warm up the prepared soaking solution for about 20 seconds in the microwave and soak your nails in it for 10 minutes straight. Doing this regularly will really help your nails grow faster.
Is there anything that honey cannot do? I doubt!
- Take a large teaspoon of honey in a small mixing bowl. To it add 2-3 teaspoons of coconut oil and any essential oil of your choice (though we recommend using rosemary it is said to promote healthy nail growth)! As with all nail soaks, the mixture needs to be warm enough to yield effects. Dip in your nails in the goodness of this honey concoction for 15-20 minutes, and enjoy luxuriantly gorgeous nails which are not-so-prone to breakage anymore!
A rarely used, yet very convenient way to grow nails the natural way!
- All you need is a small cup of fresh orange juice to which you may or may not add lemon juice and dip your nails in the citrusy bowl for 15-20 minutes. Not only will the orange juice promote healthy nail growth, it will even leave your nails and fingers smelling fresh and citrusy all day long!
The treasure which is chock-full of antioxidants is here to end all your nail-woes!
- Green tea, though not scientifically proven to promote fast nail growth, is really good for the overall health of your nails. And as with all your body parts, the more healthy your nails are, the more they grow! All you need to do is cool down some freshly brewed green tea and soak your nails in the anti-oxidant richness. Do this once weekly to rejuvenate your nail health. This step combined with any of the above mentioned procedures is a sure shot way to aid your nail-growth.
Have you tried these tips on how to grow nails faster?
You may also like to read:-