How To Make Multani Mitti Sandalwood Face Pack
Hello natural beauty geeks!
How is everyone doing these days? Monsoon has made me break out, I do not know god damn why! â˜¹
I hope the rest of you do not have to undergo such painful cystic acne! I have tried almost all the beauty antics as well as over-the-counter and prescribed acne diagnosis, but to no avail. And I say almost all of the antics, cause, girl-oh-girl, my acne is not new! People, here in India have this very famous phrase that â€œyour pimples are a mark of your Jawani (puberty, fore say)â€â€”but I guess my Jawani is not ready to leave me since my 7th standard! Oh how I miss my clear skin! â˜¹
Suffering from acne, having anointed my face with the only thing that works for my oily acne-prone skin, and thinking for a new post idea to writeâ€”it came to my mind, why not I introduce you to the only miraculous thing which actually works? The multani mitti-sandalwood face pack!
Read below to know how you can make this fantabulous face pack and customize it to your specific skin type!
How to use Multani Mitti or Fullerâ€™s Earth?
We have all used, or at least heard about multani mitti or fullerâ€™s earth in our lifetimeâ€”it is a very commonly referred to term in Indian households after all! Now â€œmultani mittiâ€ comes in two forms in the marketâ€”and no, I am not talking about the readymade multani mitti face packsâ€”I wouldnâ€™t ever recommend those pricy, mediocre products to you! What I am talking about is the solid (rock-like pieces of Fullerâ€™s earth and the powdered form! Letâ€™s see how you can use them!
- Solidified Fullerâ€™s earthâ€”the solidified version of multani mitti can be a bit tricky and strenuous to use as it needs to be prepped over night or at least for duration of 3-4 hours. Break the larger piece into smaller pieces and soak them in a little raw milk in a shallow bowl. I let my fullerâ€™s earth to remain soaked in the milk overnight, you can use the prepared mixture even after 3-4 hours. What the milk does is liquidify the solid fullerâ€™s earth and activate it.
- Powdered Fullerâ€™s Earthâ€”this version is the easiest to use. You buy the powdered fullerâ€™s earth from the market, mix it to your face pack and youâ€™re done! But I would recommend making a paste of the multani mitti with pure rose water. Rest, your preference! â˜º
The Basic Multani Mitti -Â Sandal Wood Face Pack
The easiest and the most trust-worthy face pack of the millennium award if ever existed, would have definitely been given to this one here. Works for oily, combination, dry, sensitive, acne-proneâ€”basically, it works for every possible skin type present!
- Fullerâ€™s earth paste (read instructions above)
- Sandal wood (chandan) powder
- Bengal gram flour (besan) powder
- Rose water (gulab jal)
- TurmericÂ (haldi) powder
How to prepare?
Take some fullerâ€™s earth powder (mad with rose water or raw milk) and mix a quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder, a teaspoon full of gram flour and sandal wood powder. If the mixture seems to be too thick, add more rose water or raw milk; but if the mixture is too runny, add some more sandal wood powder. Your motive should be to mix all things up to a fine paste like consistency!
For OILY skin add lemon and some tomato juice to the above created basic face pack.
For excessively dry skin, add half a teaspoon of raw honey to your pack.
For a tightening face pack, go ahead and add a egg white to the pack and apply it all over your face and neck.
For acne-prone skin types like me, try and add a teaspoon of neem powder in the pack to soothe the inflammation and heal your acne.
Have you tried the Multani Mitti Sandalwood Face Pack?
You might also like to read:-