It’s time to rush kitchen and start preserving tasty veggies like carrots,Â peas, berries, amla, lemon peels etc.Last time I did a post on how to preserve amla juiceÂ Â and this time I thought of showing you how to preserve peas .Some people like to dry raw peas directly under the sun while some prefer cooking them before storage.
I follow the second method as it keeps peas green, tastier and ready to cook .So ladies lets start 🙂
- 5kgs Peas
- 3Tbsp Sugar
- 11/2 tbsp salt
- A microwave safe bowl with a lid.
DivideÂ peasÂ into 3 parts. Add 1 partÂ peas,1tbsp sugar and 1/2 tbsp salt to the bowl and mix well.Cover the lid and micro on high for 5-7 min.Stir once or twice in between.After its done, take it out in a plate and allow it to cool.
Meanwhile repeat the same process with left over peas. When allÂ peasÂ cools down you can start packing them in poly bags with quantity of 1-2 times use.Keep them in freezer.They will stay good upto nextÂ peasÂ season.
How to use preserve vegetables
Whenever needed, take out a pack and keep in water for five Â min and ready to use. They taste so yummy that you may finish them halfway before packing!
TIP:-If want to do this on gas, you can add all things + 3/4 cup water together to a vessel and boil it on slow flame Â for 10 minutes.
You might like reading these also:-
- 7 Homemade Shampoo Recipes
- Five Amazing Home Remedies For Dandruff
- Hair Mask â€“ Home made hair mask for dry, oily and normal hair
- Five best hair oil benefits for hair growth
- Top 15 Home remedies using Amla (Indian gooseberry)
- Constipation /Constipation cure
- Body cleansing and removing body toxins through fruit therapy
- White hair cure /grey hair remedies