How To Prevent Makeup From Melting
The hot weather we live in is enough to melt a whole human being, let not talk about makeup. Nothing is worse than having your perfectly applied makeup getting smeared and come sliding off once you get out into the sun. In this high temperature the makeup refuses to stay in place. The sweat and oil from your skin will melt your makeup and cause it to smear, smudge and run.
The only trick to maintain an enviable fresh look even in the high temperature is making the right choice of your makeup products and a few changes in your skincare routine.
- Thoroughly cleanse your face with an oil free cleanser.
- Rub an ice cube all over your face before applying makeup. IcingÂ is an inexpensive skin toner. It will keep your skin fresh, dewy and prevent your makeup from melting.
- The less makeup worn during summer the better.
- Apply primer. Using a makeup primer is the best way to make your makeup stay put on for longer. Clean, tone and moisturize your face and apply primer all over, donâ€™t forget your neck.
- Apply a light layer of translucent powder or compact on your complexion before applying the rest of your makeup. This acts as a barrier making it harder for your makeup to smudge and smear.
- Avoid heavy, oil-based cosmetics. They do not wear well in hot weather.
- Go for makeup with light/ sheer coverage.
- Choose airbrush makeup:- It helps to create aÂ natural appearance. Unlike other foundation orÂ powder makeupÂ which gives a very heavy and artificial appearance, it is highlyÂ light on your skin.
- Waterproof makeup will stay in place for a longer period of time. Use water-proof make-up products to get the most out of your beauty routine.
- A waterproof kohl and eyeliner well define your eyes and keep them smudge free for hours. It is important to highlight your eyes by making your lashes appear longer and thicker. So choose waterproof mascara as it wonâ€™t smudge even in a heavy downpour.
- Choose mineral makeup:- Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide have anti-inflammatory properties, mineral makeup with those ingredients can have a calming effect on the skin, providing relief from eat and inflammation. Iron oxides add color and adhesion so the minerals last all day.
- Use powdered eye shadows and blushes instead of creamy ones for a smudge free, crease free and long lasting effect.
- Use a lipstick and lip liner with matte effect. This way it wonâ€™t vanish from your lips anytime soon. If your lipstick has a creamy texture then just add a touch of powder before applying your lipstick and in between layers as well. This will give your lipstick a matte effect.
- Always carry blotting paper in your purse.
- Keep your skin well hydrated. Drink lots of water and moisturise your skin before going to bed.
So these are few tips to prevent your makeup from melting.
What do you do to prevent your makeup from melting?
You might like to read:-
- How To Dress To Look Taller
- Lâ€™Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara Carbon Black Review & EOTD
- 5 Sindoor Brands in India
- Eau Thermale Avene Clean-Ac Cleansing Cream Review
- Makeup Tips When Wearing Blue Dress
- Hedonista Chocolate & Rhassoul Clay Face Souffle Review
- How To Use Lip Primer And Itâ€™s Benefits