How To Use Coconut Oil As A Hair Conditioner
Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids that nourish and moisturize the scalp and hair. Coconut oil is popular as beauty oil and still is used for beauty care in various cultures. Coconut oil is high in antioxidants, which helps to prevent free radical damage to the body, including heat and environmental damage.Â Coconut oil nourishes hair, prevents hair falls, fights against dandruff and makes hair thick & strong. Coconut oil is also a fabulous hair conditioner.
Coconut oil is quicklyÂ absorbed into the skin and when applied to the scalp, it is absorbed into the blood for a quick dose of a powerful natural anti-fungal, antiviral and antibacterial which builds immunity.
Those commercially sold hair conditioners have heavy chemical content and are low in nourishment, and the ones which are effective come with hefty price tags. Those expensive deep conditioning treatments at the salon too dig in holes in our pockets. Replace all those expensive hair treatments and conditioners and use Coconut oil as a hair conditioner.
To know how, continue reading.
To use Coconut oil as a hair conditioner you will need:
- Organic virgin coconut oil
- RosemaryÂ and/orÂ LavenderÂ essential oil (optional)
- A shower cap
- Hair dryer (optional)
- Pour a generous amount of coconut oil into a small bowl, approximately half a cup. Alter the quantity depending on hair volume and length. For added aroma and benefits add 7-8 drops of lavender/rosemary essential oil.
Adding essential oils is absolutely optional.
Rosemary Essential Oil cleanses, strengthens and nourishes hair follicles & promotes hair growth; Lavender Essential Oil has anti bacterial properties, it also gives a boost to the properties of Rosemary for improved cell regeneration and better penetration. It also prevents dandruff.
- Now apply this blend to your hair concentrating more on scalp and drier areas. Massage gently with your finger tips for few minutes. This will not only allow better penetration but will also be more relaxing & calming.
- After you have done with massaging, cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Allow the oil to sit on your hair for 30 to 45 minutes. And then follow up with your regular hair wash routine.
- Alternatively you can give some heat to your covered hair with a hair dryer for around 10-15 minutes. This will increase the effectiveness of the whole process.
- If the coconut oil is frozen and you can warm it, then you need not worry since it will melt as you massage it into your hair.
- A hot oil treatment is always recommended for better results, so microwave oil fro few seconds to make it warm. Remember to just warm the oil not make it very hot or else you might burn your scalp. Always do a test before using warm oil on scalp so as to know if the temperature is not too hot to damage your scalp.
Using coconut oil as a hair conditioner is pretty easy and effective. Use this simple remedy and see how your health improves.
How do you like to use Coconut Oil?
You might like to read:-