How To Use Papaya For Good Health And Beauty
Let us talk about papaya today.
Christopher Columbus, the navigator and the explorer titled Papaya as â€œ The Fruit Of Angels â€. Such a huge title to a fruit!!! Papaya for sure has many big reasons to justify it.
Papaya is yummy fruit that is available throughout the year irrespective of the season and is very easily available in India. Papaya as a whole is very beneficial for our overall health and beauty. Papaya peel and papaya seeds too are vitals for a good health. This means that papaya does not have any waste.
Papaya is a rich source of antioxidants, carotenes, vitamin C, B vitamins, Minerals, Potassium, Magnesium and Fiber and this makes it an ideal super fruit.
Here are few ways to use papaya for a good health and a beautiful you:
Papaya Peel has immense anti- aging properties. Papaya Peel helps a lot in reducing fine lines and minimizing other signs of aging.
To use papaya peel for anti-aging benefits you need do much. Just rub the inner side of papaya peel on your face. Let it stay for 5-10 minute and then wash off with cold water.
Evens Skin tone
Papaya is a good cure for treating dark spots and it also aids to even out skin tone. Apply mashed papaya mixed with raw milk and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash off after it dries. This will also give you a fairer & glowing skin.
If dry â€“ flaky skin is your concern then this remedy is solely for you. Mix some honey with mashed papaya. Apply this mixture on your face and let it sit for 20 minutes. Wash off. Alternatively you can also mix mashed papaya with one tablespoon of milk cream.
Sagging skin does not look beautiful. Why not use papaya to tighten skin?
Simply mix in honey and rice â€“ flour with papaya pulp and apply this pack on face. Leave it on until it dries and make sure you do not do face movements while this face pack is on. Apply this thrice a week.
Papaya also is effective in removing tan. Make a pack by mixing together papaya pulp, yogurt, honey, lemon juice and egg white. Mix them thoroughly well till the time it becomes thick and even. Apply this mask on a cleansed face and leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
Promotes Hair Growth
Mash papaya depending upon hair lengths and mix yogurt with it. Apply this mask to your hair and leave for 45 minutes. Wear a shower cap for that period of time.
This will not only promote hair growth but also prevent balding.
Papaya has numerous health benefits.
- Papayas are rich in antioxidants and the enzyme present in papaya known as Papain which helps promote digestive health.
- Lycopene content of Papayas may help protect against prostate cancer.
- Diets rich in Papaya may also reduce the risk of colon cancer.
- Consuming 3 or more servings per day may help in keeping your eyesight normal, along with improving and lowering the primary cause of vision loss in older adults.
- Studies suggest that eating papayas may help protect against heart disease, heart attacks and stroke.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of Papaya may also help with diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Papaya seeds and leaves are useful in treating intestinal worms found in the body.
Papaya seeds are bitter in taste so you can try a teaspoon of raw honey along with the seeds. Infact honey is usually recommended for use with papaya seeds parasite treatments.
- Papaya fasting is a very popular diet. Â Do not go overboard with the papaya detox diet if it is your first time and try a one day diet rather than for a numerous day papaya fast. Papaya diet can help flush out toxins present in the body and helps in maintaining good health.
Papaya can be used in any form for Detox Diet. You can eat it raw or make yourself a papaya smoothie.
Here is a simple smoothie recipe for you:
2 and 1/2 cups papaya, peeled and deseeded
1 orange, peeled
1 pear, cored
1 celery stalk (optional)
2 cups fresh baby spinach (or other leafy green)
1/2 â€“ 1 cup water
There is nothing much that you need to do. Simply blend all the fruits and veggies together and then blend again with water so that it is thoroughly blended. Gulp the freshly made smoothie and enjoy the benefits.
This was all about Papaya. I hope next time when you go to a grocery shop you do not miss out purchasing papayas for yourself.
Do you use papaya for your health and beauty?
You might also like to read:-