Okay so my extraordinarily pretty friends , friends who have taken over the world of beauty and makeup art with a vengeance , do take out some time for this relatively newbee amongst thy exalted presence.
I have been dreaming about owning something from Illamasqua for like all eternity , but apparently the universe conspires to get you what you want if you really want it but in my case it wasnâ€™t the universe but it was Wiseshe that conspired to get me the stuff of my makeup dreams â€“ Illamasqua`s blush â€“ oh let-me-say-this-in-my-faux-french-accent Duo Fard a joues poudre (till I enrol for my French classes that is. 😛 No not the â€˜Frenchâ€™ you naughty â€“hotties are thinking , I was talking more along the line of linguistics ? 😛 yeah. 😛 )
So I have taken note of how busy we beauties are , and our love for reviews which are precise , brief , picture-rich , (those of us who can stretch the use of their point-and-shoots and exercise their creativity are most welcome â€“ and I did try not to be absolutely abominable to the eyes 😀 ) , pros , cons listed â€“ and whether you`d recommend the product to your best friends or not. Enemies are another thing altogether. 😛 😉 )
So . Here is the packaging. Amazing , professional , all black â€“ what`s not to love. The lock works â€“ clicks with a reassuring *click* and shuts properly and to open , you donâ€™t even need to bid your patiently grown fingernails goodbye. Yaay people.
- Texture : The texture of the blush is smooth ,and not chalky. It is intensely pigmented and it gives the flush â€“ that`d convince even Benedict Cumberbatch …no he`s impossible in an irresistible way, but yes you`ll be questioned on your en-VIA-ble plans definitely in the course of the day. Okay I must behave now. :-PÂ With this blush on â€“ I have been asked â€“ oh my , the heat`s getting to the delicate darling , as well as â€“ whoa â€“ that chick sure eats healthy 😀
- Finish : Semi matte to matte(the blush ). It`s not dead matte there`s definitely a soft effect. The bronzer on the other hand has a reflective finish with very finely milled glitter particles that give a polished shine and can also be used to highlight the cheekbones. It`s like my lakme moonlit highlighter (the darker honey shade , not the champagne one â€“ except this one`s glitter is more refined than lakme. )
- Fragrance : It has no fragrance that`s hit you like Rakhi SawantÂ in a Vande Mataram video , so sensitive noses , you`d love to go all police dog on this one and still be happy. 😀
- Pigmentation : Illamasqua is known for it`s intense range of pigments and intense pigmentation so it comes as no surprise that this blush delivers in that department. It`s a lovely blush. The bronzer (for lighter tones)/highlighter(for deep tones) whatever you`d call it â€“ works as well with it`s dual properties and can be built up â€“ but it gives good coverage in a swipe or two.
ILLAMASQUA Powder Blusher Duo Swatches:-
Honestly guys for an Illamasqua product , there would obviously be more pros than cons. They are professional and artistic. I love their campaigns and I love how they showcase makeup as art. Â Look up Klaire de Lys` channel â€“ her hand arts , and Seven sins tutorial made me spellbound.
What I like about ILLAMASQUA Powder Blusher Duo :
- Great pigmentation
- Not chalky
- Lovely shade â€“ Thank you Anamika di â€“ you have a great taste in selecting shades skintone wise. This compliments Indian tones extremely well , can be used for daily wear as well as built up for performances/stage appearances/parties.
- Professional finish , great packaging
- Didnt irritate my skin
- Has no fragrance
- Doesnt become splotchy â€“ stays on it`s own â€“ but a primer /base is a good idea. Goes for all blushes.
- Bronzer works for face , the collarbones â€“ imparts a nice hollywoodish glamour
What I don’t like about ILLAMASQUA Powder Blusher Duo :
Nothing really. Maybe because it doesnâ€™t come with a brush â€“ but then comeon â€“ we all know the tiny brushes arenâ€™t of much use , so it`s better to grab some of your own.
Hope you enjoyed the review . Wiseshe giveaways are fabulous.period.This is like the masterpiece in my vanity next to the Chanel no5 gifted by my sweet gorgeous auntÂ 😀
Have you tried ILLAMASQUA Powder Blusher Duo ?
You might also like reading these:-