Most of the gals do the CTM (Cleansing Toning Moisturizing) routine religiously and think its enough. I thought so too until I started using Face masks regularly and frequently.
Yeah, â€˜Regularly and frequentlyâ€™ are the key words here!
There are many kinds of masks for different purposesÂ which starts right from cleansing to anti aging, depending on the qualities of the ingredients. But here Iâ€™m going to just share my experience about using the masks frequently and its benefits.
Many masks use some kind of clay (Multani mitti/fuller earth ) in most Indian masks as a base. Clay is an excellent medium to rid of toxins from the skin. While it dries on the skin, the clay sucks out toxins, water and extra oil from the skin.
While the clay is doing its job, other ingredients do their job of moisturizing,cleansing,exfoliation, lightening etcÂ depending on their nature, while also providing necessary nutrition to the hungry and thirsty skin.
Last many years I used different kinds of masks, including some homemade recipes. They all showed immediate results but the results were seen only for a while. I used to use these masks once in a month or at the max once in 15 days.
I realized recently after reading some stuff online that the frequency should be increased. So I started using masks every 2 or 3 days! Yes, more frequently and regularly 🙂
And following are the changes which I observed
- The appearance of pores was reduced
- Skin texture was a bit better and smoother
- Size and duration of pimples reduced
- Whenever the pimples disappeared they did so without leaving any marks
- Overall skin tone is a bit better â€“ I had lost my peachy glow after my baby, Its not like earlier still but so much better
- Skin feels more balanced â€“ not too oily not too dry
- Skin tone is even
- It must be taking care of preventing many flaws like fine lines etc. but I can only comment what has been corrected or repaired.
Well all this in last about 4 months or so. Now I have been so tuned to masks and how the skin feels, I know which mask would help my facial skin in a certain skin condition.
To know what your skin needs, try different ingredients or masks and be attentive to the skinâ€™s reaction. You may need [and its also good to use] different face masks for different skin problems or purposes. What you also need to find out is what frequency suits you. If done too frequently, it may dry your skin. And too much gap in-between, and you wonâ€™t see the results so well.
It is time-consuming to sit with something on your face every other day, as compared to just applying special creams meant for special purposes. But once you see how healthy and bright your skin can become, naturally with masks, you will get addicted to these.
Also one has to keep in mind that this routine is going to help in the long run.
Soon Iâ€™ll try to make a post on different masks I have been using.
So gals, try and find your mask and the right balance to discover a naturally glowing healthy skin 🙂
Image source :Google
You might like reading about these also:-
- Skin care tips by Eraser academy of skin care India (Herbal)
- Oil therapy for face for dry and combination skin (Deep cleansing method)
- Beauty tip- herbal remedy for acne treatment
- Bridal beauty regime for Indian bride.(1st week part 1b)
- Beauty regime before wedding part 1(a)
- Glyecerin and its 10 uses for beautiful skin and hair
- Herbal pack for open pores and acne