Happy Independence Day Everyone!!
On occasion of our Independence Day today, I have come up with a special nail art just for this day. I’ve been scrambling for time lately with my baby and a maid gone off the bend but I’m getting adjusted to things around me and trying to work around the time I get. This sponging nail art took an entire day to do..yes..an entire day…each coat was applied everytime my baby napped. So yes, the day saw me putting her down in the cradle the moment her eyes shut and running to my room to apply the next coat 🙂
I decided to do a Sponging nail art just because it find it really simple and it still lends a touch of something ‘fancy’ to my nails.
HOW DID I DO THIS SPONGING NAIL ART?
- I first applied a base coat to ready my nails (Jordana) and then applied a white polish on my nails (Miss Claire)
- I then took a makeup sponge (Faces Kermit Green) and applied a green polish directly on one corner and dabbed it atop the white in the desired slant shape. This shade is kinda light so I had to do it twice for it to show up well.
- I then did the same with a rust orange polish(FacesÂ Rufus) after leaving a gap.
- I didn’t have a nail art pen to draw the chakra, nor did I have the time to draw it with a brush So I used blue rhinestones instead.
- I finished it off with a top coat(Rimmel) to seal the design and add a gorgeous shine to the design.
Hope you liked it.
Here are the polishes I used for this