Its my favourite time of the year, when there are festivities all around with fun, fashion, dressing-up, make-up, food, sweets, weddings, festivals and soooooo onâ€¦
These days just seem to fly with so much going on. I am sure there are some hitches as well on taking care of our health and skin care due to eating out, as well as hair care due to a lot of exposure to heat for various blow-dries, pressing and hair styles that we need for keeping the fashion quotient high.
Today, lets discuss how good really is the age-old advise of oiling our hair for keeping them healthy and saving them from the outside exposure, on which a lot of these hair oil companies are raking in big moolah.
Today, do we still need to oil our hair?
The answer to the question is YES but the reasons are different than we think. If you are one of those, who believe that hair oil promotes hair growth, then you are definitely far from truth.
A famous Trichologist from Mumbai says-
â€œOil is good for conditioning of the hair. But it does not play any role in hair growth. If a person has dandruff, then it is best to avoid oiling hair, else it can increase the chances of fungal infection in the scalp. Moreover, if your hair is too dry, you can apply oil to the hair to condition it and improve its texture and shine. â€œ
Oilling hydrates and moisturizes hair and prevents them from becoming rough and frizzy. It improves hair texture that has been worked upon by dyes and colors. But it does not improve hair growth or help the follicles become any stronger. A proper head massage with fingertips for at least 15 minutes totally conditions your hair and helps you unwind, it improves the blood circulation in the head, and acts as a stress buster.
What is the best way to oil your hair?
- Heat oil to a warm temperature before applying. As you apply oil, with your fingertips, make many more partitions of hair and rub oil in each. Partitioning your hair will help oil to reachÂ the hairÂ properly.
- The quantity of oil should neither be too much nor too little. Apply oil in a moderate quantity, enough to wet your hair, but massage it generously in small circular motions. Also, optimal quantity of oil requires lesser shampoo to wash it off. It also saves time and avoids misuse of oil.
- If you getting late for a party and need to wash off the oil soon, then wrap a steaming towel around your hair for about one half hour to get the most out of using the product on your hair. But the best you can do is to oil hair before going to bed and wash it off the next day morning. You should NEVER leave oil in your hair for more than 24 hours as it can attract dirt and can make things worse.
Finally, which hair oil should you use from many available brands?
There are many brands and types of oils available in the market and its always a difficult choice to make regarding which oil should we use. You can select the one according to your preference. Some common oils, along with their benefits are mentioned here â€“
- Coconut Oil â€“ the famous Parachute coconut oil, remains an all-time favorite. Coconut oil is one of the best natural conditioner for hair. Regular massage of the head with coconut oil, gives a cooling effect and keeps you relaxed.
- Almond Oil- Almond oil too, conditions hair and adds luster, and when it is heated to a warm temperature and applied, it totally rejuvenates you, and makes you feel lighter in the head.
- Jojoba Oil– it is an excellent hair treatment for dry hair and a natural hair conditioner acting similar to the sebum that your scalp produces; Applying this oil twice every week, can bring a change in the condition of your mane rather quickly.
All the oils that I have mentioned above are natural oils, which are best for hair texture and quality. These days there are some non-sticky oils are also available, however, the more you stick to natural oils the better it is for your hair.
These days I am using a natural hair oil from Natureâ€™s Co called as â€œRosemary Sage Thyme Rejuvenating hair oilâ€. I will review it very soon 🙂
Image source – Google
You might like reading these also:-
- Lush Products In India
- Lush Aqua Mirabilis Body Butter Massage Bar Review
- Lush Big Shampoo Review
- Lush Dark Angels Cleanser Review
- Juniper Shampoo â€“ Lush Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar Review
- Lush Launches National Campaignto demand protection for forests
- Lush Ocean Salt Facial Scrub Review
- Lush Love Lettuce Mask Review
- Lush Glorious Mud Mask Review
- Lush Mask of Magnaminty Review
- Lush Soak and Float Solid Shampoo Bar Review
- Lush Tiny Hands Review (Hands Serum)