I was doing my regular shopping at the supermarket and was planning to buy a bar soap that I hadnâ€™t tried before. Thatâ€™s when this soap caught my attention. Iâ€™d heard good things about Jergens products and wanted to try something from the brand especially after reading Anaâ€™s review of the Soothing Aloe Relief Skin Cooling Moisturizer here. Iâ€™d bought this soap and taken pics of it with the intention of reviewing it about 4 to 5 months ago I guess, so this is long pending 😀
About Jergens Mild Soap Review
We use only the finest ingredients to ensure your soap is mild and has a clean, fresh scent and rich lather. Trust the mildness for yourself and your whole family.
- Â Quantity: 125 gms
- Price: INR 40
- Shelf-life: 3 years from date of mfg
- Availability: I got mine from Big Bazar. Itâ€™s also available online at Unbantouch
My experience with Jergens Mild Soap:
It looks like any basic soap: white, rectangular with rounded edges. The fragrance is similar to nivea cream but it is mild and very soothing. This lathers really well and skin feels fresh and clean just as claimed. Though I never use soap on my face (unless itâ€™s Dove) I tried using this on my face a couple of times since it claims to be super mild and has no sulphates. It left my skin feeling soft and did not give me any breakouts. Those with sensitive skin swear by this soap. Iâ€™ve also heard that this suits those who are allergic to other soaps. Performance-wise I find this quite similar to Johnsons Baby Soap but I would prefer this over the latter since it is milder and does not dry out the skin. Also, did u know that Johnsons Baby Soap does not suit most babies?? Yepâ€¦surprisingly many pediatricians donâ€™t recommend it. Also, an alarming number of babies today suffer from some form of eczema or atopic dermatitis and regular baby soaps like Johnsonâ€™s seem to further dry out the skin and cause itching and rashes. This is where soaps like Dove and Jergens come to the rescue. Dove soaps tend to leave behind a thin film of moisture on the skin which some (esp. my husband :-P) do not seem to like. Jergens soap leaves the skin squeaky clean but not to the extent that it leaves the skin dry and scaly.
What I like about Jergens Mild soap:
- Mild, soothing fragrance
- Creamy lather
- Leaves skin soft and squeaky clean without stripping away natural moisture
- Excellent for those with sensitive skin and soap-allergy
- Did not give me breakouts even when used on the face
- Will suit all skin types
- Can be used by all ages and hence a family soap
- Soap bar doesnâ€™t melt (when stored away from heat) and lasts really long
- No parabens or sulphates
- Reasonably priced for the quality and quantity
What I donâ€™t like about Jergens Mild soap:
- Availability might be an issue for some
- Those with very dry skin will need to follow-up with a moisturizer
If you like mild, non-irritating soaps, free from sulpahtes and parabens, do give this a try. Those with normal or dry skin may not feel thereâ€™s anything great about this soap. But those with sensitive skin are going to love it!
Have you tried Jergens Mild Soap ?
You may also like to read:
- Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Eau De Parfum Review
- Himalaya Herbals Intensive Moisturising Body Lotion Review
- Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild Review
- Vichy Eau Thermale Review
- Aloevera Gel -Natureâ€™s Essence Aloe Vera Gel Review
- 20 Cindy Crawfordâ€™s Makeup Tips
- Pondâ€™s White Beauty Daily Spot-less Lightening Cream Review