The weather is so hot and humid that my greasy skin will put an Arabâ€™s oil-well to shame! I have the urge to wash my face every now and then but am scared to use face washes too many times a day for fear of stripping my skin of all moisture. Washing with water alone doesnâ€™t remove all traces of oil. So what do I do?? Â Hereâ€™z where this Ayurvedic cleansing gel came to my rescue! :yippee: Just Herbs is a fairly new brand to me and if you havenâ€™t heard of it either, you can check out the review of theirÂ Cascade Moisturizing Day care lotion.
About Just Herbs Lively Clean Honey Exfoliating Face Cleansing Gel:
This everyday-use rehydrant foaming face cleaning gel with antiseptic properties gently banishes impurities from the clogged pores. It dissolves and removes make up residue and eliminates dead epithelial cells exposing the tingling fresh clean skin beneath. Gentle scrubbing stimulates blood circulation which detoxifies, oxygenates and activates skin immunity.
- Ingredients:Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) 2%, Neem 2%, Symplocos bark 2%, Tulsi (Holy basil) 2%, Orange peel 2%, Curcuma longa 1%, Honey 2%, Jojoba meal, Cleansing base.
- Quantity: 100 ml
- Price: 295 INR
- Shelf life: 2 years from mfg date
- Official Website: www.justherbs.in
- Availability: Available online on websites such as urbantouch, koolkart, cheapestinindia, naturalmantra, ladyblush etc. I guess they also have stores in Mumbai, Delhi and Chandigarh.
- Packaging:Â Just like the brand name, the packaging is simple, neat and very ayurvedic 😛 I actually like it. It comes in a clear plastic bottle with a pump. It dispenses very little product, which any day, is better than too much product flowing out. I need two to three pumps of product to cover my whole face. The cap fits snugly and I havenâ€™t faced any leakage issues so far.
ust Herbs Livelyclean Honey Exfoliating Face Cleansing GelÂ Fragrance:-
I generally canâ€™t stand the fragrance of Ayurvedic products. For some odd reason, the 1st thing that came to my mind was that the scent is like what train bathrooms smell like after theyâ€™ve just been washedâ€¦in other words, it smelt like bathroom cleaner :sick: But after using this a couple of times I realized that I felt that way because it actually has a lemon scent (and most cleaners tend to contain lime :-P) So not to worry, it has a mild citrus smell very similar to Limca :-D. It is very faint and doesnâ€™t linger on the skin.
Just Herbs Honey Â Gel Consistency:-
It is a sunny yellow, watery gel that is neither too thick nor too runny that it slips away. I honestly didnâ€™t realize this had exfoliating particles until I read the product description! The blackish brown particles (orange peel I guess) is super mild and is not abrasive at all. Hence this can very well be used daily.
The pic on the left shows how much product u get when pumped only once. The pic on the right shows the exfoliating particlesâ€¦itâ€™s barely visible and not felt at all
My experience with Just Herbs Lively Clean Honey Exfoliating Face Cleansing Gel:
First of all, there are no directions on how to use this. (You can read Fab India Honey Face wash review too )Yeah yeahâ€¦itâ€™s a face wash and needs no introduction, but I was concerned since the bottom layer in the bottle was greenish yellow and the rest was brown. Later, this layer shifted to the top. So I was wondering if I had to shake well before use. Also thereâ€™s no mention of which skin type this would suit and it doesnâ€™t even say what this product does. I had to browse through their website to know the product claims :confused: Anyway, I wet my face and tried to work the gel into a lather. This claims to be a foaming cleanser and looks all bubbly in the bottle but it doesnâ€™t foam one bit. I was skeptical if this would remove any dirt at all and I was pleasantly surprised. After use, skin felt clean and fresh and there was no residue. It is not necessarily very moisturizing but it does not make skin dry either. I tried to test it further and applied foundation to one side of my face and then used this. The results were very satisfactory. Miracle of miraclesâ€¦it even removed my waterproof mascara without irritating my eyes! And since this is all herbal I find myself using this several times day.
What I like about Just Herbs Face Cleansing Gel:
- Comes with a pump dispenser and hence is easy to use
- Cleanses effectively
- Removes make-up including waterproof mascara
- Mild citrus fragrance which doesnâ€™t linger
- Exfoliating particles are non-abrasive and safe for daily use
- Does not dry out the skin
- Will suit all skin types
- 100% herbal actives
- No parabens or sulphates
- Free from animal byproducts
- No animal testing
What I donâ€™t like about Just Herbs Face Cleansing Gel:
- Product claims and skin type are not mentioned on the bottle
- Claims to be a foaming cleanser but it doesnâ€™t lather at all
- Availability is an issue
This is a fairly good, daily use, non-foaming cleansing gel (Read Biotique pineapple cleansing gel) that exfoliates and removes dirt and make-up without harming or drying the skin.
- Quality: 4.5/5
- Performance: 4/5
- Packaging: 4.5/5
- Fragrance: 4/5
- Price: 3/5
Have you tried Just HerbsÂ Lively Clean Honey Exfoliating Face Cleansing Gel?
Also, if you’ve interest in other facial cleansers, you might like reading these –