Kerela Ayurvedic Treatment For Hair Loss
Kerala is said to be the Land of Ayurveda. The rich alkaloid content of the soil enhances the intensity and potency of many Ayurvedic medicines. Ayurveda, the science of life and longevity, is the oldest healthcare system in the world and it combines the profound thoughts of medicine and philosophy. My family loves to take the help of Ayurveda whenever any health related problem arises.
I came to know and realize the goodness of Kerala Ayurveda while treating my lower back pain. It happened about 7 years back when I fell off stairs. I got hurt really bad and was left with a severe back pain that no medicines could heal. I was too afraid of operations. Thatâ€™s when I was advised to go for Kerala Ayurvedic treatments by one of my uncles. From then I had undergone several Ayurvedic Panchakarma treatments like Abhyanga (oilÂ massage), which were very helpful in relieving my backache and correcting the abnormalities.
It was then when I thought that how about treating my severe hair loss problem with the help of Kerala Ayurvedic? Yes, I have been suffering from hair loss since 6-7 years. Â I began to search and research a lot about Kerala Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss.
So let us see how hair loss is treated in the abode of â€˜Godâ€™s own countryâ€™.
Active Substances Used in Herbal Hair Loss Remedies
Eleuthero root, ginkgo biloba, gotu kola, green tea, pumpkin seed, pygeum africanum, saw palmetto, stinging nettle are some of the ingredients used in treating hair loss.
- Saw palmetto is an extract made from the fruits of a small palm tree called serenoa repens, which is endemic to the south-eastern US. It is the primary active ingredient in almost every natural hair loss remedy, including Provillus, Procerin, Advecia, Avacor, Revivogen, Scalp Med and many others.
- Stinging nettle is a perennial plant and common weed native to Europe, Asia, North America and North Africa that now grows in temperate and subtropical climates throughout the whole world. It is among the most common herbs used in traditional folk medicine. Both the leaves and the root are used in various cures.
- Pygeum africanum is a large evergreen tree found in central and southern Africa. The extracts from the pygeum bark contain several compounds thought to be helpful in a number of natural hair loss remedies
- Ginkgo biloba is a large tree, originally from East Asia, that can be now found in many parks in the temperate zones around the world. The extract is thought to improve blood circulation to the brain and skin and is frequently used as a memory and concentration enhancer.
- Eleuthero root, also called Siberian ginseng, is a distant relative of Asian ginseng. It is a popular folk medicine in Russia and China. Eleuthero is a herbal antioxidant and it is believed to be anti-inflammatory and to be able to increase endurance, improve memory, boost the immune system and help protect cells from damage due to environmental conditions. Eleuthero is often used as one of the substances in natural hair loss cures.
- Gotu kola is a perennial plant native to Southeast Asia and Northern Australia. It has been used as a medicinal herb for thousands of years in India, China and Indonesia. It used to be a popular youth tonic and was believed to improve mental clarity. It can be found in many natural topical products for treating hair loss.
- Green teaÂ is made from the dried leaves of the tea plant.
- PumpkinÂ seed oil is pressed from pumpkin seeds and is rich in iron, zinc and essential fatty acids. It has been used for centuries as a folk remedy for treating baldness.
Shirodhara is a form of Ayurveda therapy that involves gently pouring liquids over the forehead. The above ingredients often combined with milk, oil, coconut water, are warmed up and poured over your forehead gently. The Shirodhara technique soothes and invigorates the senses and the mind.
â€œIt is a specialized Ayurveda therapy in which a piece of cloth or cotton soaked with medicated oil is applied to the head for 30-45 minutes in a special manner.â€ It reduces stress and relaxes the mind and thus treating hair related problems that crop up due to stress.
It includes application of above mentioned ingredients and warm oil to the scalp and then massaging in circular motions. It is intensely relaxing and revitalizing, this massage nourishes hair, improve blood circulation and checking hair fall. It also eases chronic head and neck problem, relieves insomnia, migraine, dry scalpÂ and itching.
There are a few other processes in Kerala Ayurveda which can help you treat hair loss problem. Iâ€™ll share them on my next post.
Bye byeâ€¦ 🙂
Have you tried Kerela Ayurvedic Treatment For Hair Loss before?
You may also like reading:-