I’ve always used either my hands or a stippling brush to apply foundation…Nothing like body heat to warm up the foundation and spread it out. Similarly, I prefer stippling brushes since it evens out the foundation and blends it out beautifully. So why did I buy this?? Sheer curiosity… The first foundation brushÂ I ever used was from Vega and that soaked more product than it spread. A part of me wanted to test out whether this was the same or had a chance to be my go-to brush…Did it pass the fire-test? Let’s see…
About theÂ Brush:-
Foundation Brush also can be used with makeup base.Â Liquid or cream foundation, sweep brush across surface of compact and apply to face and create a polished look. Base products are applied to the detailed areas when covering the foundation. Help the successful makeup by using this brush.
My experience with the Konad Foundation Brush:-
- Packaging: This brush comes in a plasticÂ casing with some info/ directions on the back. It also comes with a bristle cover which is pretty useful while travelling.
- Price:Â INR 410
- Bristle Texture: The bristles are really soft yet firm. I had a bad experience with Vega with the pokey bristles. So this is quite the opposite and its this soft texture which also helps spread the foundation easily.
- Bristle Quality (Bleeding & Shedding): The bristles neither bleed nor shed. I have washed it about 6-7 times and haven’t experienced such a case. The bristles have retained their softness as well.
- Washing & Drying: I wash this brush quite often and do find that drying this takes a long time. Even after a day, the bristles feel damp….yea…its kinda weird…It takes about a day and a half for the brush to dry fully.
- Handling: The handle is quite long and flexible and its easy to use although I personally find shorter handles easier to use.
- Versatility: This brush is perfect for both foundation as well as concealor since the softly rounded sides can really really help in spreading and blending the product into the corner areas like the inner eye and the sides of the nose.
Pros:Â Konad Foundation Brush :-
- Good for beginners who want to use a brush for foundation
- Handle is quite easy to use
- Don’t shed or bleed (atleast mine didn’t)
- Doesn’t soak in too much product.
- Can be used for concealor too.
- The shape of the brush makes it easy to get into the inner eye area and around the nose and blend which is tough to do with other rounded brushes.
Cons:Konad Foundation Brush :-
- Takes a long time to dry.
- This isn’t a bad brush but I still find it more convenient to use a stippling brush for foundation.Â This a personal preference though…
- Packaging: 5/5
- Shedding/ Bleeding: 5/5
- Usability: 4/5
- Versatility: 5/5
- Value of Money: 4/5
You may also enjoy reading:Â
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Vega Makeup Brush Set Review
- 5 Ways To Use Body Shop Line Softener Brush
- Bare Escentuals Heavenly Face Brush Review
- Body Shop Eyeshadow Blender Brush Review
- Body Shop Lipstick & Concealer Brush Review
- Body Shop Face And Body Brush, Blush Brush, Slanted Brush
- Ecotools Bamboo 6 Piece Eye Brush Set Review