Everytime I see a blush my heart beat speeds up…and when I see shades which are unusual or shades which I’ve been hunting for a long time, my heart skips a couple of beats before trying to steady itself in a staccato rhythm.. Earlier this June, I’d been to Chennai where I met Deepika who did her best to show me the whole of the city in half a day…I think she almost accomplished it too!! 🙂 We left no stone unturned, visiting every MAC, Lush, Inglot and Kryolan store…
This was my first brush with Kryolan since we don’t have an exclusive store in Pune. And boy, was I hooked! As it is, A had been tempting me with her Kryolan blush palette, cake liners and I couldn’t believe I was finally there! The store literally looked like a candy shop with all the array of colors and I went bonkers!! and in true Zara fashion, I took one look at the blush rack and proceeded to be stuck there most of the time. One of my first picks was this powder blush from Kryolan in the shade R6. I also picked up Youth Red which A has reviewed here as part of the blush palette.
About Kryolan Blushers
KRYOLAN Blusher is a color-intensive compact rouge on a cream-powder base.
This fine, micronized product assures a pleasant velvety feeling on the skin. The extraordinary selection of more than 32 different colors satisfies all expectations.
- Price: Â 350INR
- Quantity: Â 2.5g
My take on the Kryolan Blusher R6:
- Color: The blush is a matte pink shade with strong red undertones. At first sight, I thought it was indeed a red blush but on closer perusal I realised this is actually a deep pink! It may look different on you depending on your skintone; on me though, it takes on a bit of a coral hue which you can see in the hand swatches.
- Pigmentation & Texture: The blush is soft and well pigmented. …not insanely pigmented that you would have difficulty applying such a bold color though. It’s the kind of blush which has to be built up gradually as per your convenience. I found it a bit tough to blend with a usual blush brush but then I switched to a stippling brush and realised it makes it much much easier to blend this way..
- Staying Power: This blush stays on my skin for about 4-5hrs when I apply lightly. When I apply it a bit heavily for the evenings though it lasts much longer.
Read Â -Â 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
I like this shade simply for how unusual it is. A lot of blushes look different on the skin than what they look in the pan and even though this is the same in my case with this blush, it’s extremely flattering when applied. The uniqueness I feel comes from the Red undertone which transforms the shade and makes it so gorgeous. Another fab thing about this shade is that it would look amazing on any skintone regardless of whether you’re pale, fair, tanned, etc…Deepika picked up the same blush and it looks just as amazing on her as well!
Swatches of Kryolan Blusher R6:
Check outÂ 19 Kryolan Lipstick swatches here.
Here’s how it looks on me..
What I like about Kryolan Blusher R6:
- Decent pigmentation
- An unusual and unique shade
- Easy to blend if you use a stippling brush
- Can be built up as you wish
- The shade is all the more gorgeous because of its red undertones
- Matte and suitable for office wear
- Will suit all skintones.
- Decent staying power.
- No fallout.
What I don’t like about Kryolan Blusher R6
- Packaging isn’t that great. It’s sturdy, but the see through dome shaped lid is very prone to scratches and chipping.
- Pigmentation: 4.5/5
- Texture: 4/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
Have you tried any Kryolan blushes?
You may also like reading: