Post by Ankita Saroj
Since I first started using primers, I havenâ€™t really looked back. I am surprised at how I was wearing makeup before I realized the goodness of a primer. Primers may come in color correcting forms, skin-toned, clear or vanishing types depending on their formula. Among the primers, the most raved about are, Smashbox Photo Finish, Too faced Hangover Replenishing, Benefit POREfessional, Maybelline Baby Skin primer etc. Today I am going to review a clear, silicone based primer by LA Girl Cosmetics which is reasonably priced, yet at par with the more high-end ones. It is called LA Girl Pro prep, HD, smoothing primer.
- Price- INR 850 for 15 ml.
- Availability– Nykaa, Flipkart, Amazon, etc.
Make your makeup last all day with PRO Prep smoothing face primer. Pro Prep Primer creates a smooth appearance by filling in fine line and pores while providing the perfect surface for foundation. Formulated with light diffusing particles and skin nourishing Vitamin E this primer gives you a flawless finish on or off camera.
-Lightweight and easy to apply
-Paraben and fragrance free
-Softens skins and enhances makeup
-Helps makeup stay on longer
Apply on clean or moisturized skin prior to makeup application. For optimal results use in conjunction with PRO Setting spray. Do not use on broken or damaged skin. If irritationÂ occurs, discontinue use.
- Ingredients- Cyclopentasil Oxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E).
- Packaging- It comes in a white plastic tube with a twist open/close cap. The front bears the product name and quantity and the back has other information like application, ingredients, place of manufacture etc.
Color, consistency and fragrance- It is transparent, fragrance-free and has a gel-like, thick consistency that blends into nothingness.
My experience withÂ LA Girl Pro Prep HD smoothing Primer CLEAR :-
I really enjoy this primer as it is my go-to even on no makeup days. I apply this on clean, moisturized skin and it turns my face completely matte and somehow is a tad bit drying, which might be a good thing for oily-skinned people. It did fill-in my pores and fine-lines, making my skin look much smoother. The only thing I found a little off is that it does not work with every product. For example- I applied it before my Lotus Herbals 3-in-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock (SPF 40) and I could feel it coming off in small flecks. However, when I applied it before my Maybelline Fit-me foundation (230- Natural Buff) with the help of a damp beauty blender, it did a great job. So, I think, itâ€™s a hit and miss with what products work the best with this primer.
- Smoothes out pores and fine lines
- Mattifies the skin
- Is clear so doesnâ€™t leave any color on the skin, itâ€™s like you are wearing no makeup
- Enhances the look of foundation
- Affordable as compared to many other primers
- People with dry-skin may want to stay away from this as it does dry out the skin
- People with allergy towards silicone must not use this
- Does not work well with every product
- May flake-off due to unexplained reasons
- Too much layering may cause problems
- You might not understand right away of how much to use, which can lead to wastage