When theÂ Lakme Absolute collectionÂ was released, I promised myself that I wouldn’t pick up a blush at all. Especially since I usually go in for non-shimmer blushes for daily wear. But the minute I saw this over the weekend, I fell..Hook, Line and Sinker!…I saw this gorgeous baby and didn’t stand a chance.
Lakme Asbolute Cheek Chromatic Baked Blush:
- Luxurious powder blush, baked on Italian terra cotta tiles enriched with Jojoba oil and anti-oxidant Vitamin E, for an extraordinary luminosity
- Fragrance free.
- Can be applied dry for a natural/sheer effect or Wet for a long lasting dramatic effect.
- Price:INR 550.You can buy it from here
My take on the Lakme Absolute Baked Blush in Day Sheer:
- Packaging:Â The packaging is a circular shaped one with a see through dome flip top lid. The blush itself, like mostbakedÂ blushes is dome shaped and this comes without a mirror or a brush. I am not quite convinced that it’s travel friendly simply because I feel like the plastic lid may crack and shatter if any heavy weight falls on it.
- Color:Â The color is a fabulous peachy pink with teeny peach and gold shimmers. Of all the 3 blushes I swatched from this range, this was the one with the least shimmer in it which was why this was my final choice.
- Texture:Â Like most baked blushes, this does feel a bit hard to the touch but once you pass your finger above it you will realize that this not so. TheÂ blushÂ is soft albeit not silky or creamy. The shimmers are also very minute and not at all abrasive or chunky like one would expect.
- Pigmentation:Â This is an extremely well pigmented blush. Just a single swipe is sufficient for one side of my face and this is really impressive since I hadn’t expected so much out ofÂ Lakme. 🙂
- Staying Power:Â This blush stays for about 4-5hours on my cheeks. The shimmer surprisingly also remains for quite some time.
- Application:Â I use a normal roundÂ blush brushÂ and just dab the top in the pan and then sweep the brush from my temples to the slant of my cheeks. I don’t use this on the apples of my cheeks because then the shimmer would only accentuate my round face which is what I strive to disguise :). This makes my face look a bit flushed and rosey which is great for a subtle and warm look. If you want to build this shade you may do so but do be careful while blending or else you may look like a disco ball at its best 🙂
I have yet to use it with a wet brush though. The effect with the dry blush is sufficient to give me the color I love.
Pros of Lakme Absolute Baked Blush in Day Sheer:-
- The shade is absolutely gorgeous and perfect for all ages.
- Fragrance Free
- Staying power is respectably good
- Hardly any fallout.
- Beautiful packaging
- Amazing pigmentation.
- The shimmers are so tiny and subtle.
- Can be used dry and wet.
Cons of Lakme Absolute Baked Blush in Day Sheer:-
- Even though its Lakme’s new hyped range, I still find this too pricey for a Lakme blush.. That too one which doesn’t come with a mirror or a touch up brush.
- I’m not sure how the packaging would survive alotta travel.
- Pigmentation:Â 5/5
- Texture:Â 4.5/5
- Packaging:Â 4/5
- Staying Power:Â 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality:Â 4/5
You might like reading these also:-
- Make Up For Ever Liquid Lip Color-14 Antique Review & Swatches
- Marks & Spencerâ€™s Floral Collection Rose Bath Cream Reviews
- Diana Of London Lipstick Ruby Review & Swatches
- Bharat & Dorris Cream Liner No.5: Review & Swatches
- Shahnaz Husain Henna Precious Herb Mix Review
- Vedic Line Fig and Honey Moisturizer Review