My normal cameraâ€™s gone for a toss, so for the time being I am going to use my other camera for this. This one is difficult to focus with and I wish I got my old one back. Let me tell you what I bought for Dhanteras this year.Â A quad from Lakme (which had to have the word rose in it) that I ordered online, a new face wash, and a good number of Avon stuff. Iâ€™m sort of hooked by Avon, but the thing is, theyâ€™re so well-priced and useful that I have no problem shelling out cash for them. I bought this quad, but pretty soon realized that the colors were too light for my skin. So I have decided to give this one to a friend. My sister is my hand-swatch buddy for this product (since, flash on or off, I could not get the colors to show up on my hand).
The packaging is simple, and there are a number of different colors of these quads. The one I love particularly is Desert Rose. I was charmed by the colors and decided to make an impulse purchase. I sort of regret it now. But, at that point, the quad was looking so tempting that I decided to pick it up.
- Quantity: 7 gm.
- Price: INR 450/-
The packaging is sort of sturdy, with the colors showing through a transparent top. The palette has four shades. Let me describe each.
- Plum shimmers â€“ the color sort of reminds me of Maybelline Pomegranate Punk. Its meant for the crease but can also be used as a base. On my eyelids this one sort of looks unflattering.
- Brownish coral shimmers â€“ this is possibly the only shade that actually shows up on my eyelids properly. It is a nice base color.
- Light pink shimmers â€“ great as a base color and highlighter for lighter skin tones.
- Light gold shimmers â€“ good color as a highlighter and on the eye line.
I would have to say, the colors are not very pigmented and there is a bit of fallout. I used my eye shadow brush to put them on my eyelids, and I cannot decide what to do where to get the right notes going. The brownish coral shimmers are nice as base color, but I donâ€™t like the plum shade much. The gold sort of gets lost in translation, so I stick to the pink. All the colors have shimmers which borders on being glittery.
Okay, my basic problem with this quad is that it is too light to show up on my dark eyelids. I have used the highlighter colors which sort of look weird on my brow bone. I am not much of a fan of the quad thus, though I have heard gushing praises of this quad. It is also not a quad that has a lot of staying power. Being a powder shadow, it stays for around 3-4 hours before it starts fading, and can be extended to 5-6 hours if I use a primer. Also, when removing I must use a makeup remover, as otherwise the shimmers do not go away.
I will say, this is not a great daytime wear quad for me as the color takes time to show up on my eyelids, and thereâ€™s creasing. But on the other hand, on fairer eyelids, it shows much better, and my NC 40 sister looks gorgeous with it.
Pros:lakme desert rose eyeshadow Quartet:-
- Nice shimmery colors
- Sturdy travel-friendly package
- Easy to locate
- Shows up well on fair-skinned girls
- Available in most Lakme counters
- The brown coral and light gold colors are nice
Cons:lakme desert rose eyeshadow Quartet:-
- Does not show up against dark eyelids
- Staying power is not too great
- Creases slightly
- Shimmers do not get removed fully while using regular cleanser
Overall, I would not say I would like this quad. I have great things to say about another quad of this range, but not this one.
Have you tried Lakme Desert Rose Eyeshadow Quartet ?
You might like reading these also:-
- LAKMEâ€™ PURE ROUGE BLUSHER PEACH AFFAIR REVIEW & SWATCHES
- 5 Wine Lipstick Fall 2012
- Lakme Absolute Shine Line Review & Swatches
- Lakme Perfect Radiance Intense Whitening Face Wash Review
- My 9 current favourite lipsticks
- Lakme Eyeconic Curling Mascara Review