After reviewing two shades from the loreal moist matte range, I thought of giving you a short break and for now I am reviewing a shade from lakme lip love range instead. Well, I am not too excited about this range and do not find them worth the price hike at all. If you are wondering the reason for the same; keep reading.
Price: INR 700 after the launch of the new shades.
About Lakme Lip Love Lipstick:
- Lakme LipÂ LoveÂ Lipstick will keep your lips smooth, soft and hydrated like never before.
- It will add a luminous shine to yourÂ lipsÂ for a longer period and keep them protected with SPF 16
- Just swipe it once and you will fall in love with it opaque coverage.
- Feel theÂ constantÂ hydration with the goodness of ceramides.
- The finish isÂ glossy and matte.
- Available in 8 differentÂ shades.
- Use Lakme Lip Love Lipstick and feel romantic.
My experience with Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Mandarin Crush:
Starting with the packaging- they have a beautiful red body with â€œloveâ€ carved on it. These were launched on the Valentineâ€™s Day (according to the SA) and they exhibit love theme very well I say! The bullet also has the Love word carved and this packaging is a part of a strategy to attract love struck girls. 😛 Never the less the lipsticks looks pretty packaging wise.
Let me talk about the shade and texture- an area where I do not seem to be impressed at all. The shade is a bright candy orange which exactly resembles an orange lick lolly ice-cream. No, that is not the problem; the problem is with the added shimmer and the buttery texture which gives a shimmery uneven orange finish on the lips. Most of us hate shimmer which makes us reject this lipstick right away. It makes my complexion look dark I feel. On top of it, the bullet tends to melt and gets applied in chunk at some place and a thin layer at the other. Orange candy color, shimmers and such texture is what makes this lipstick get no respect or love from me.
Also, it has a very sweet smell associated with the bullet which again I do not seem to like.
The staying power fails to impress as well. Being buttery it hardly stays for 2 hours or so after which it leaves a glazy orange look on the lips which I hate.
Overall, this lipstick has nothing good about it except the attractive packaging and I completely fail to understand the reason for the price hike. These were earlier prices at 500 or so, then 600 and now 700. I would not even recommend you to have a look at these; I am so disappointed.
What I like Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Mandarin Crush:
- I like it just for the packaging. The love theme arouses interest of the poor girls like me but then have a look at the below list please.
What I do not like Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Mandarin Crush:
- I did not develop any good thoughts for the shade. It is a candy orange which is not everyoneâ€™s cup of coffee.
- The texture is buttery and the kind that goes uneven on application.
- The shimmers add up to the list of hate reasons I have towards this lipstick.
- It stays just for around 2 hours after which it looks all the more glazy.
- The smell is again something I do not like.
- The price is no way justified.
Rating: 1.5/5 (Given with a generous heart)
Do not even have a look at this lipstick; love struck or no love struck!
Until next time, take care!
Have you tried Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Mandarin Crush?
You might like to read:-
- MAC Lip Liner in Spice Review & Swatches
- Chanel Le Blush CrÃ¨me De Chanel 67 Chamade Review & Swatches
- 10 Fantastic Makeup & Beauty Tricks You Might Have Not Known
- 10 Loreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipsticks Swatches
- Save, Spend & Splurge Wise She â€“ Compact Makeup Powder
- Faces Ultime Pro Long Wear Matte Lipstick 05 Peach Blush Review & Swatches
- 10 Must Follow Hair Care Rules