This is the second shade I bought from the lakme lip love range and you know how well I liked the first shade. 😛 This shade is even worse. Nude color less shade lovers may read further.
Price: INR 700 after the launch of the new shades.
About Lakme Lip Love Lipstick:
- Lakme LipÂ LoveÂ Lipstick will keep your lips smooth, soft and hydrated like never before.
- It will add a luminous shine to yourÂ lipsÂ for a longer period and keep them protected with SPF 16
- Just swipe it once and you will fall in love with it opaque coverage.
- Feel theÂ constantÂ hydration with the goodness of ceramides.
- The finish isÂ glossy and matte.
- Available in 8 differentÂ shades.
- Use Lakme Lip Love Lipstick and feel romantic.
My experience with Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Winter Romance:
Starting with the packaging- they have a beautiful red body with â€œloveâ€ carved on it. These were launched on the Valentineâ€™s Day (according to the SA) and they exhibit love theme very well I say! The bullet also has the Love word carved and this packaging is a part of a strategy to attract love struck girls. 😛 Never the less the lipsticks looks pretty packaging wise. I would still say donâ€™t be trapped by the beautiful looks. It is not what it looks like.
Let me talk about the shade and texture. The shade is pale nude beige with a creamy consistency. This shade is again somewhat similar to the one I reviewed from accessorize. This looks good on the hand but is absolutely non-appealing on the lips. It looks ghastly; forget about suiting or not suiting. The texture is better than the previous shade â€˜mandarin crushâ€™. It does not contain any shimmer but it manages to look terrible even without it. 😛 I donâ€™t think it would suit anybody. You may try it if you are attempting an all bronzed-out face look but still at your own risk. I donâ€™t seem to develop any liking for this one.
Also, it has a very sweet smell associated with the bullet which again I do not like.
The staying power fails to impress as well. Being buttery it hardly stays for 2 hours or so.
Overall, this lipstick has nothing good about it except the attractive packaging and I completely fail to understand the reason for the price hike. These were earlier prices at 500 or so, then 600 and now 700. I would not even recommend you to have a look at these; I am so disappointed. Such a beautiful shade name and such a pathetic product this is.
Why I like Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Winter Romance:
- I like it just for the packaging. The love theme arouses interest of the poor girls like me but then have a look at the below list please.
- Ok, I like the shade name too but the lipstick does not justify it.
Why I do not like Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Winter Romance:
- I have all the bad things in the world to say about this shade for it made me look no less than a ghost.
- The texture is buttery and the kind that goes uneven on application.
- It stays just for around 2 hours after which it looks all the more glazy.
- The smell is again something I do not like.
- The price is so not justified.
Until next time, take care!
Have you tried Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Winter Romance?
You might like to read:-
- 5 Tips To Get Rid Of Dark Knee Caps
- New Shape Nivea Fruity Shine Strawberry Lip Balm Review
- 15 Bnefits Of Aloe Vera For Skin And Hair
- Estee Lauder Signature Silky Eyeshadow Duo in Cappuccino Review & Swatches
- Americn Swan Presents Beauty & The Blogger Show
- Loreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick Flaming Kiss Review & Swatches
- Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Ultimate Review & Swatches
- DIY- Skin Lightening Banana Face Pack