What the company claims: A color intense formula that glides on evenly for a dramatic look that lasts all day.
I had been looking for a dark blue eye pencil that would be visible against my dark eyelids. I wanted to buy the Faces one badly, but since we do not have Faces where I live, I decided to go for an alternative. The second I laid eyes on the swatch, I knew my search was over. This range comes in other colors like Black, Jade, Purple and Slate.
Price: INR 295 for 0.35 gms
The color is a dark matte blue which pops up against my dark lids and brown eyes. It is very pigmented and one swipe alone gives a beautiful color. The formula is very creamy and smooth, glides on easily and will give a nice even line. It comes in the form of a retractable pencil, which in my opinion is really hassle free and prevents product wastage. It stays on my eye-lids for a good 7-8 hours without a primer and also stays on my waterline for 4-5 hours. I do not expect any eye liner to stay on my watery waterline for long, so its staying power was a pleasant surprise. It will not wash away with water. You need to use a god cleanser to remove this.
Swatches of Lakme Nine to Five Defining Eyeliner in Sapphire
Lakme nine to five eyelinerÂ on my eyes
- The color is gorgeous. It is totally matte without a single drop of shimmer in it. It would great on brown-eyed beauties. I say this from experience.
- Very pigmented. You donâ€™t need multiple swipes.
- Shows up well against dark lids too.
- Smooth texture. Will not tug eyelids. Not so smooth that it will crease or smudge.
- Waterline safe. Does not irritate the eyes.
- Staying power is great. Without a primer, last for about 7-8 hours on eyelids and 4-5 hours on waterline.
- Does not smudge at all. Will start fading slightly after 6-7 hours.
What I do not like about Lakme Nine To Five Defining Eyeliner
- Retractable pencil would raise hygiene-related concerns for some. It does not bother me, personally.
- Paying 300 bucks for a lakme eye pencil does not seem justified. Agreed that as a prduct its great, but itâ€™s still Lakme!!!
Will I buy it again: Yes. Once I finish this one up, I am definitely buying this very pencil in the same shade again. I might also try the other shades.
Will I recommend this: Hell Yeah! I have already made my friends buy these in various shades!
You might like reading these also:-
- Lakme Fantasy Shimmer Liner Astral Green Review+ EOTD
- Best And Cheapest Soft Bristles Makeup Brushes
- Faces Long Wear Eye Pencil Review & Nine Swatches
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara Photos
- Tips and Toes On the Go Mono Eyeshadow Review(Shimmering brown)
- Lakme Nine To Five Forever Silk Eyeliner Gypsy Green Review