Like most of you I was pretty unconvinced about the new Lakme Pop tints which Lakme introduced with lot of pomp and show. Have Â you noticed that ever since Kareena Kapoor has become Lakme Ambassador, there has been a sharp rise in their product pricing. Few days back when I was picking up the pop tints I found every one jumping over their Rs100 discount but no body was bothered to check them out. In fact Lifestyle counter did not have any testers for these and new products were hidden somewhere.India is a price sensitive country and I am sure it’s going to take little time for these pop tints to make a mark.
As far as Revlon Lip Stains are concerned they have been around , loved and hated .Some just got them in 3-4 shades and some didn’t like them all but its true that it has been one of the recent hot selling products of Revlon.
Before we move ahead let us know what both companies claim and the pricing .
About Lakme Pop Tints:-
LakmÃ©Â AbsoluteÂ POPÂ TINTS, a high performance make-up collection of lipÂ tintsÂ in shades of summer, including bright orange, vivacious pink and flaming red for that amazing â€œread-my-lipsâ€ pout and nailÂ tintsÂ in pastel tones of blue, green and corals.These thick creamy pencils inÂ 8Â popÂ shadesÂ deliver rich deep color and incredible shine in just a stroke, to give you lips thatÂ popÂ like it should.
- Price –Â INR800
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
Its a pampering balm fused with a lightweight lipstain in an adorable chubby crayon. Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour. The gel formula comes in 12 vibrant shades that match any look or mood.ÂLightweight Lipstain + Moisturizing Balm-100% of women who tried it felt their lips were instantly moisturized with a soft stain of color-Retractable chubby crayon, no sharpener requiredÂEXPERT TIPS:ÂStep 1: Apply Just Bitten Kissableâ„¢ Balm Stain evenly to clean, bare lips. Build color and coverage as desired.ÂStep 2: Reapply as desired for moisturizing shine throughout the day.Price – INR 600
Lakme Pop Tints Â VsÂ Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
- Pigmentation Â – With Revlon Lip Stains I need to glide them two three times to cover up the pigmentation and get even application.I need to wait for a 2-3 seconds for the tint to settle down.It works pretty fine on the lower lip but on my upper lip which is pigmented it needed little work. Whereas Lakme pop tint seems more or less like a light weight lipstick which needs no layering as such.They hide pigmentation easily. If you have highly pigmented lips then you might need two layers max unlike Revlon lip stains.
- Hydrating – Revlon lip stain looks glossy and more hydrating but they are not. Lakme one is more hydrating and doesn’t need lip balm underneath. Lakme Pop tints will suit dry lips more and won’t accentuate fine lines which Revlon does to an extent.
- Shimmer – Lakme Pop tints have really really fine shimmer where as Revlon is more glossy without shimmer in it.
- Staying power – Â In Lakme pop tints, intense shades like Red or berry stay for 2-3 hours and then the tint stays for a while but less intense shades are not that long staying and need touch ups.Same is the case with Revlon ones but I do find they are tad bit longer staying than Lakme.
- Packaging – Revlon packaging is more fun and is easilyÂ recognized as the shade on packaging is similar to Â the shade inside. where as Lakme packaging is black with a transparent cap.
- Price – Lake Pop tints cost INR 800 where as Revlon Â Lip Stains cost INR 600.
I prefer Lakme more because it suits my pigmented lips, moreover they are not drying. With Revlon, if you didn’t come across the drying and pigmentation problem then you should stick to it as Â it cost 200 bucks less and there is more shade variation in it 🙂
So what are you going to prefer ? Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain or Lakme pop tints ?
P.S – Our team members bought more pop tints although everyone was saving . I am so jealous to know that Shweta got them of INR 720 .
You might like reading these also
- Avon Ultra Color Rich Vitalicious Lipstick Enduring Sable Review & Swatches
- Milani Runway Eyes Fashion Shadows Haute Couture
- Things To Learn From Celebrities -Beauty & Fashion Blunders
- Forest Essentials Rupam Nourishing Facial Cleansing Paste Review
- Coastal Scents Duo Defining Wand Platinum/Aztec Review & Swatches
- Purely Pro Blush Universal Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm Antioxidant Berry Review
- MAC Archies Girlâ€™s Collection OH OH OH Lipstick Review & Swatches
- Kitten Heels!
- My Birthday On Instagram
- 8 Surprising Reasons youâ€™re Not Losing Weight