Never say never , I would say ! Incase you are wondering why am I starting the review with a proverb,let me tell you that I vehemently refused to buy a Lakme product for 800 bucks.I remember telling Ana that it shud be priced at 350 bucks and not more than that! Then came Avanti with her swatches of poptints and Ana with the review.. and off I went to the storeÂ and bought two,of course at a discount 😛 (jealous much?)
I was extremely curious about these and the whole process of buying these has been made more memorable as I bought them in midst of a strike in Mumbai! The store was half shut and the counters were covered and I still went into the store .After all that trouble, ek ya do toh banta hain na?I couldnt go thru all that trouble and not buy at least 2 right?
Price: Rs.800 (i got them at 720 each from Beautiful in Lokhandwala Complex,Andheri,Mumbai. )
About Lakme Pop Tint Candy Kiss :-
LakmÃ© Absolute POP TINTS, a high performance make-up collection of lip tints in shades of summer, including bright orange, vivacious pink and flaming red for that amazing â€œread-my-lipsâ€ pout and nail tints in pastel tones of blue, green and carrot.
LakmÃ© Absolute Lip Tint These thick creamy pencils in 8 pop shades deliver rich deep color and incredible shine in just a stroke, to give you lips that pop like it should.
My take on Lakme PopTints Lip Tint In Candy Kiss:-
Packaging: The packaging is flimsy for the price ! At 800 bucks,I had expected a more classyÂ &expensive looking packaging. What we get instead is a flimsy plastic cap and a black pencil. The black looks great but the cap just spoils the show.This is my only grouse with Lip tints.
The colour: Candy Kiss is a very natural looking coral pink color that will be a MLBB shade for many! I personally love how it looks on me. My hubby who hates bright lipsticks approves of this one so one extra point for Candy Kiss !yey!I did detect some shimmer,but it is not very visible in the swatches or on the lips.
- The pigmentation: Lip Tints in general are more pigmented than Revlon Balm Stains. I cannot talk about Clinique Chubby Sticks as I haven’t tried them yet.Candy Kiss is a light shade but well pigmented. However ,girls with pigmented lips please try this at the store.This color will look great fair-medium skin tones but may wash out darker sin tones.
Lakme PopTints Lip Tint Candy Kiss Swatches:-
The staying power: The staying power is about two or three hours at the most . SInce Candy Kiss is a natural looking shade ,it doesn’t look bad even when its fading !
The texture is fab! It glides on smoothly and also hydrates te lips to an extent. It feels very lightweight on the lips ,and that is something which we are all looking forÂ during summers !
Overall, Lakme has definitely priced them very high,but one wouldn’t regret this purchase if you like chubby crayon like lipsticks that are lightweight to wear ! in my opinion, Pop tints are a better buy than the Balm Stains for girls who prefer more pigmentation in their lip products!Here is how it looks on me:) Sorry for the slightly messy hair, I was rushing to work and had not blow dried my hair 🙂
What I like about Lakme PopTints Lip Tint In Candy Kiss:
- Cute colour,perfect for hot days!
- Good pigmentation
- Not drying at all
- easy to wear and very lightweight
- Verastile shade .
What I don’t like about Lakme PopTints Lip Tint In Candy Kiss:
- Expensive ( really lakme ?? 800 bucks?)
- I dont really like the packaging
- Staying power could have been much better!
My rating : 4/5 – one extra point for it being hubby friendly :Atleast i dont get weird looks from him when i wear it lol!
Â Have you tried Lakme PopTints Lip Tint In Candy Kiss?
You might like reading these also:-
- Strawberry.Net Unboxed Product Offer
- Sri Devi Eye Makeup
- Bourjois Paris Brush Foundation 34 Beige Rose Review, Swatches & FOTD
- 10 Bollywood Actresses Without Makeup
- Inglot Freedom System lipstick #01 Review & Swatches
- Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation Shade 400 Bronze Review
- Clinique Introduces Mascara Exchange Program India
- Lakme Pop Tints Vs Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
- Lakme Lip Tint Online â€“ Suggestions
- Runway inspired Turquoise and Black Eyes â€“ Pictorial
- No.7 Stay Perfect Lip Lacquer Review & Swatches