After trying most of Lakme fruit face washes I picked up Lakme Sun Expert Cucumber and lemon grass after sun skin lightening face wash .I have been using the Lakme Cucumber & Lemon grass face pack along with this face wash for a month now and I guess it is the right time to review it.
What the Lakme product claims :-
- Specially formulated with UV filters and anti-tan skin soothing ingredients
- Cleanses and soothes sun exposed skin
- Deep cleanses each pore
- Infused with cucumber and lemon grass
- Protects and soothes skin from common forms of skin irritation post sun exposure, leaving it soft, tingling fresh and clean.
Ingredients of Lakme Face Wash
Price -Â 100g for Rs 135/- and 50g for Rs 75/-(From website)
Fragrance – It has this tangy fruity fragrance which isÂ not of lemon grass or cucumber:P
Consistency – It is a this thick consistency which gets more thick when the packaging gets open after 15-20 days.Color reminds me of very light transparent thin film which we used in out project.It has tiny micro granuals which wont help in exfoliation 😛 but looks pretty 🙂
Cap of the product is way too tight so most often it was left open by me which resulted in lot of product accumulation over the cap 🙁
My experience with Lakme Sun expert cucumber and lemon grass after sun skin lightening face wash:
Face wash is soothing for the skin.It gives that cooling sensation which I like especially right after coming from the sun.I never go out under the sun without my sunscreen and it removes it off easily without leaving any film behind.
It lathers well and not much drying for my skin but ofcouse one does need a moisturiser after using it.It is a face wash and not a cleanser 😛
As I have finished my both skin lightening face pack and skin lightening face wash there has been no fairness effect 😛 which I didnt expect but it doesn’t help in even out the skin .
These cute pearls which you see in the swatches are Microcrystalline waxÂ beads( what i beleive) as mentioned in the ingredients but I was not able to get any info about them from Google 🙁
I especially like to use this face wash when my skin feels dull and sticky .It does give that super clean feeling ,wipes away the excess oil and keeps my skin oil free for 2-3 hours.
One more interesting thing which I liked about it is the fragrance.I liked it so much that once I used it on my loofah and used it as a body wash.I loved how soothing and moisturising it was.:P
I am glad i clicked the picture before using the face wash otherwise this empty tube would have looked pathetic 😛
What I do not like about Lakme Sun expert cucumber and lemon grass–
Nothing as such though I wont claim it as a miracle face wash at all and ofcourse there is no skin whitening or brightening effect in this 🙂
Will I re-purchase it again – YesÂ , till summer lasts.:)
You might like reading these also:-
- Lakme Sun Expert Fairness Body Sunscreen Review
- Ponds Clear Solution Pimple Care Facial Scrub Review
- Best Diet Mantra To Lose Weight
- Lakme Fruit Blast Pear Butter Deep Hydrating Mask Review
- My Haul By Wise She Recommendation 🙂
- Lakme Fruit Moisture Honey & Avocado Winter Perfect Day Cream Review
- Lakme Fruit Blast Berry Lush Fruit Energizing Face Wash Review
- Nivea Nourishing Body Milk Review and Wise She experience
- My Mini 26th January Shopping Haul