I picked this up from Reliance store after reading A’s post about the new Lakme Expert Range.Â I had used the after sun gel from this range last year but not the face wash and was quite curious to know how it works…
- Specially formulated with UV filters and anti-tan, skin-soothing ingredients
- Cleanses and soothes sun-exposed skin
- Deep-cleans each pore
- Infused with cucumber and lemon grass extracts that soothe and calm skin irritated by sun exposure
- Use immediately after sun exposure for maximum benefit
About Lakme Sun Expert Skin Lightening + DeTan After Sun Face Wash:-
- Packaging â€“ This comes in a long yellow tube with a flip top. Very sturdy and travel friendly.
- Price: INR 75
- Color & Texture â€“ The face wash is a clear one with very tiny white and blue beads. The beads are really very tiny and not big enough to exfoliate. The ingredient list mentions that these are wax beads…I wonder why they’d include wax beads unnecessarily since it can’t even be felt 🙂 The texture is very light albeit not too runny. It gives off a minimum amount of lather as well.
- Fragrance â€“ Just like the one last year, this face wash has a lemongrass kinda scent. But I feel like the one last year had a stronger citrus fragrance whereas this one is much milder.Â It doesn’t last though. After the wash once I wipe my face, the scent is gone 🙂
- Usage â€“ I just squeeze out a dime sized quantity and lather up on my damp face and then rinse off. The wax beads can only be seen and not felt so I don’t massage it the way I do with exfoliators.
My Verdict:Lakme Sun Expert Skin Lightening + DeTan After Sun Face WashÂ
I usually have to walk about 1km in the hot sun while getting home from work. Since the sun is quite strong even at that time, I usually get pretty exhausted once I reach home and feel very drained. Which is the main reason why I repurchased this. Last year, I had enjoyed this a lot and when I saw this again in its new avataar, it was a no brainer for me.
Now for the effects…It’s just as refreshing as its old-self. When I reach home, my skin is literally over heated and I feel dead to the world. Using this, makes me feel very refreshed and cools down my skin instantly. It does help with tan removal but very minutely so. This will not help in extreme summers when the sun will beat down on us with higher intensity. Wrt skin lightening, I personally don’t believe any face wash or product can do that..and this is no different in that regard.
The one thing I wishes they hadn’t changed is the fragrance. I liked the stronger citrus scent in the previous one since it just added to the refreshing sensation.
To conclude, I’d say this is a really good buy if you’re exposed to the sun a lot and need an instant ice-cube effect on your skin.
Pros of Lakme Sun Expert Skin Lightening + DeTan After Sun Face Wash:-
- Did not break me out.
- Hygnienic packaging
- Perfect for sensitive skin as well.
- Cools down my skin instantly.
- Its extremely refreshing and feels like I’ve dropped a bucket of water on myself 🙂
- Doesn’t dry out my skin and keeps it moisturized.
- Relaxing fragrance
- Easily available.
- Good for removing a light tan.
Cons of Lakme Sun Expert Skin Lightening + DeTan After Sun Face Wash:-
- I don’t understand the use of the wax beads if they can’t be felt or used to exfoliate.
- May not work for extreme tan removal
- Doesn’t lighten the skin and wont work to lighten acne marks either.
Have you tried
Have you tried Lakme Sun Expert Skin Lightening + DeTan After Sun Face Wash?
- Effectiveness: 3.5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Availability: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 3.5/5
You may also like reading these:-
6 Lakme Fantasy Collection Satin Enrich Lipsticks Photos & Swatches
Lakme Sun Expert Cucumber and lemon grass after sun skin lightening mask Review
Lakme Sun Expert Fairness Body Sunscreen Review
New LakmÃ© Sun Expert Range
Lakme Sun Expert Cucumber & Lemon Grass SPF 50 PA+++ Review
Lakme Sun Expert Fairness Sunscreen(Oily Skin)Review