I am back after a long time, but I have some great stuff waiting to be reviewed. I have long and fine hair, this I always complain of limp hair. Simply because my hair is long and heavy, thus I need something which does not weigh my hair down. I went some serious shopping the other day. I headed straight to the Lâ€™Occitane store. I picked up a perfume, a mask and some soaps. I love using them. One of them is my Lâ€™Occitaneâ€™s Volumizing Mask.
Without digressing, I will straight move on to the review:
About Lâ€™Occitaneâ€™s Volumizing Mask
Price: 22 GBP
Quantity: 250 ml
How to use the mask: Simply wash your hair, condition as usual, and then take the mask according to the length of your hair, and work through your hair. Stick to massaging the ends and you can add some of it on your scalp also. Wait for 2-3 minutes, rinse properly. I usually wash with some warm water and wrap my hair in a towel.
My take on Lâ€™Occitaneâ€™s Volumizing Mask:
This mask is minty, fresh and gives hair a good perk. I may say that sometimes It makes my scalp itchy, but then I avoid too much of it coming on to my scalp. I read somewhere that Volumizing products usually cause itchiness.
My hair feels lighter and it does not weigh it down, but only on the day of the wash, next day my hair becomes limp again, maybe because I workout and wash my hair every other day. My hair de tangles easy and breakage is less. This is something my serum also would do. There is also a Volumizing mist which can be used in conjunction with the mask. But till now I have liked this mask a lot.
A tip on using this mask, if you have long hair, I usually skip the conditioner when using this mask, so that it helps my hair to maintain the volume.
I usually have a problem with styling my hair, mostly because nothing stays on it, so I end up simply getting them straightened. But it is something that I have deal with since I have long long hair. But getting a layered hair cut does help. That sadly is not an option with me since my husband likes my hair long 🙁
What I like about Lâ€™Occitaneâ€™s Volumizing Mask:
- Helps retaining the volume of my otherwise dull and limp hair,
- Helps detangling;
- Adds shine,
- The fragrance is minty, I love it. but it is subjective,
- Does not make my hair oily.
What I dislike about Lâ€™Occitaneâ€™s Volumizing Mask:
- It is very pricey, 22 pounds is a bit too much, I think I will definitely buy my next one on sale 😛
- Volume lasts only for a day,
- Some may not like the fragrance, since it has uncanny resemblance to a toothpaste 😛
- Causes itchy scalp.
All in all, I will definitely buy a second tub of this mask as it works for me 🙂
Have you tried Lâ€™Occitaneâ€™s Volumizing Mask?
You might like to read:-
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Black Mascara Review
- Sleek Lash Out Mascara Black 729 Review & Swatches
- Clinique Presents High Length Mascara
- Avon Supercurlacious Mascara Review
- Illamasqua Masquara Raven Reviews
- Faces Cosmetics Waterproof Mascara Review