Hey all beauty geeks!!! Today I am going to review L’Oreal Feria Intense Ombre Kit in 050 Dark Brown to Soft Black. Hair coloring is definitely ‘in the air’!!! I have colored and highlighted my hair since my college days. Yes, it may seem that I do not love my hair at all and have chemically processed them some 1000 times. However, plain, black hair bore me a lot and I certainly need a change after every 6 months or so. Just the way I am. 😉
Anyways, this time I tried something bolder and ‘Ombred’ my hair using L’Oreal Feria Intense Ombre Kit.
Let us see how it turned out on me. 🙂
About L’Oreal Feria Intense Ombre Kit:
L’Oreal has introduced Ombre hair kits as normal hair color kits. The company describes these kits as:
‘With FÃ©riaÂ® Brush-On Intense OmbrÃ© Effect, get intense lightening even on dark bases. Now you can lighten hair lengths in a single strokeâ€“itâ€™s as easy as brushing your hair. Our Expert Brush is easy to use and allows for custom application, so you can create a signature dark-to-light look. ‘
Price : $9.99.
Ingredients: 178914 U SHIMMERING DEVELOPING CRÃˆME: AQUA/WATER/EAU â€¢ HYDROGEN PEROXIDE â€¢ CETEARYL A L C O H O L â€¢ T R I D E C E T H – 2 C A R B O X A M I D E M E A â€¢ CETEARETH-25 â€¢ GLYCERIN â€¢ PENTASODIUM PENTETATE â€¢ SODIUM STANNATE â€¢ TETRASODIUM PYROPHOSPHATE â€¢ PHOSPHORIC ACID F.I.L. #D12836/18 1021522 SHIMMERING BLEACHING POWDER: POTASSIUM PERSULFATE â€¢ SODIUM METASILICATE â€¢ SODIUM PERSULFATE â€¢ AMMONIUM CHLORIDE â€¢ KAOLIN â€¢ SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE â€¢ CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE â€¢ EDTA â€¢ CYAMOPSIS TETRAGONOLOBUS GUM/GUAR GUM â€¢ HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE â€¢ CALCIUM STEARATE F.I.L. #D26485/5 1021967 SHIMMERING LIGHTENING CRÃˆME: AQUA/WATER/EAU â€¢ CETEARYL ALCOHOL â€¢ PROPYLENE GLYCOL â€¢ DECETH-3 â€¢ LAURETH-12 â€¢ AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE â€¢ OLETH-30 â€¢ LAURIC ACID â€¢ GLYCOL DISTEARATE â€¢ POLYQUATERNIUM-22 â€¢ ETHANOLAMINE â€¢ SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE â€¢ PENTASODIUM PENTETATE â€¢ PARFUM/ FRAGRANCE â€¢ CARBOMER F.I.L. #D29473/7 1084487 A CONDITIONING SHAMPOO: AQUA/WATER/EAU â€¢ DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIPROPIONATE â€¢ SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE â€¢ PPG-5-CETETH-10 PHOSPHATE â€¢ PHOSPHORIC ACID â€¢ PPG-12-PEG-50 LANOLIN â€¢ GLYCOL DISTEARATE â€¢ POLYQUATERNIUM-10 â€¢ HEXYLENE GLYCOL â€¢ SODIUM BENZOATE â€¢ PARFUM/FRAGRANCE â€¢ TARTARIC ACID â€¢ PEG-55 PROPYLENE GLYCOL OLEATE â€¢ SALICYLIC ACID â€¢ PROPYLENE GLYCOL F.I.L. #D43589/4
My take on L’Oreal Feria Intense Ombre Kit in 050 Dark Brown to Soft Black:
L’Oreal Feria Intense Ombre Kit comes in several shades depending on your natural hair. Since my hair were already highlighted a shade of brown, I decided to pick up the hair kit in 050 Dark Brown to Soft Black. For people who are not familiar with Ombre, it is reverse of highlighting your hair. The ends are colored lighter and the whole effect looks like a transition from lighter ends to darker roots.
Hope it makes sense!!! 🙂
The kit consists of following items:
- Shimmering Developing Creme Bottle (1)
- Bleaching Powder Sachet (2)
- Shimmering Lightening Creme Tube (3)
- Conditioning Shampoo
- Applicator Brush
- A pair of gloves
- You need to combine shimmering developing creme, bleaching powder and shimmering lightening creme in the applicator bottle.
- Apply the mixture using the applicator brush after pouring the mixture bit by bit in the brush. Apply the brush vertically or horizontally depending on your preference. Start from ear level in downwards motion.
- Keep for 30 – 45 minutes and wash it off using the conditioning shampoo.
My experience: L’Oreal Feria Intense Ombre Kit in 050 Dark Brown to Soft Black is a very convenient way to ombre-dye your hair at home.
But, it is not easy and I did tweak a lot:
- I had heard that quite lot of people got their hair turned orange and not brown as I wanted. So, I kept it for full 45 minutes and I used foils to cover every portion of hair I colored. If I had not used foils, the color would not have been so vibrant.
- It does turn hair quite dry and brittle. Now here is a dilemma: if you want the color to remain for long, do not use oil. But no oiling may result in dry and damaged hair. I have been oiling my hair once a week and have witnessed little fading in the color gradually.
However, I love how my hair turned out. Though the transition is not as flawless as I wanted, nonetheless, it is an awesome way to try out ombre at home. I am sure next time I will be better off coloring my hair using the same kit. 😉
What I love about L’Oreal Feria Intense Ombre Kit in 050 Dark Brown to Soft Black:
- An awesome way to ombre your hair at home.
- Very cheap compared to salon rates.
- Innovative brush.
- Convenient hair kit.
- Easy to use.
- Can experiment from subtle to bold look.
What I do not love about L’Oreal Feria Intense Ombre Kit in 050 Dark Brown to Soft Black:
- Need to use a foil for more vibrant color.
- Hair may turn orange in some cases.
- Will dry and damage the hair because of bleach.
- Unavailability in India.
Final Impression: L’Oreal Feria Intense Ombre Kit in 050 Dark Brown to Soft Black is a very convenient way to try new look on your hair. I know it may damage my hair due to presence of bleach, but it is my personal decision to go ahead with it nonetheless. I am oiling and deep conditioning my hair to repair as much as possible. If you are bold enough to experiment with your hair color, try this kit. Definitely recommended!!!
Have you tried L’Oreal Feria Intense Ombre Kit in 050 Dark Brown to Soft Black?
You might like to read:-
- Delicca Powder Facewash Review â€“ SLS Free Face Wash + Video
- 5 Coconut Cream Hair Packs For Beautiful Strong Hair
- Boots No 7 Lip Pencils Blush Review & Swatches
- How To Make Pores Disappear
- Lakme 9to5 Crease-Less Lipstick Flaming Function Review & Swatches
- 10 Celebritiesâ€™ Makeup Went Horribly Wrong