We all know how important makeup removal is…It’s as important as applying makeup rightly. I’ve used remover like Lakme 9to5 makeup remover, Lush Ultrabland and Maybelline Lip & Eye makeup remover..Infact I used to use olive oil on my eyes before I found Maybelline which was perfect for complete removal of liners and mascara…After finishing 2 of the Maybelline ones, I thought of trying out something new and my search ended with this baby from L’oreal.
I always stick to dual-phase removers because I really do find them most effective in removal of eye makeup, especially mascara.
About L’oreal Gentle Lip & Eye makeup remover:
Lâ€™Oreal Paris Gentle Eye Make-up Remover Waterproof for Eyes and Lips contains a non-irritating, fragrance-free formula to gently and effectively remove waterproof eye make-up and long lasting lipstick. The dual action formula contains oils to dissolve make-up and a lotion to remove traces of make-up and refresh the skin. Suitable for all eyes including sensitive and contact lens wearers.
- Packaging â€“ This comes in aÂ bottle with a screw top lid. The lid is a catch-type screw top so it’s pretty sturdy and wont spill out. Like the Maybelline one, this is also bi-phase in a clear solution and a blue colored solution.
- Texture â€“ After shaking, this takes on a more oily form. I’m comparing this to the Maybelline one. It also leaves an oily residue on the face after usage.
Also check outÂ Estee LauderÂ Signature Satin CrÃ¨me Blush Mauve Light Review
My experience with L’oreal Gentle Lip & Eye makeup remover:
I like this..it’s very effective and very tiny amount is needed to remove all traces of makeup. It’s a compact bottle and easy to drop into your purse and carry around without the fear of spillage. As you can see from the pictures below, a single swipe itself manages to remove a whole load of makeup..
But all said and done, I still prefer the Maybelline remover. Why you ask?
- Firstly, its more or less the same thing. Both are dual-phase removers.
- The L’oreal remover doesn’t remove all traces of eye-makeup quickly. I need to devote another minute or 2 than Iwould with the maybelline one which works super fast.
- Cost wise also I prefer Maybelline. I’d rather pay 199bucks over and over on an exceptional quality product than almost 500 buvks on one which doesn’t work as well.
- After removing makeup with the L’oreal remover, my skin is left with a greasy feel to it. This never happened with Maybelline.
All in all, this is a good product. It does it job efficiently as well, but somehow it’s plus’ fall short when measured up against Maybelline. The cost factor is also quite important even though the quantities do differ a bit.
What I like about L’oreal Gentle Lip & Eye makeup remover:
- Sturdy packaging.
- Effective in removing makeup properly.
- Helps remove eye makeup effectively as well.
- Travel friendly
- Easily available online as well
- Didn’t break me out.
What I don’t like about L’oreal Gentle Lip & Eye makeup remover:
- Expensive considering that even the Maybelline one works better and as a dual-phase remover, both are pretty much the same
- The packaging is sturdy, but at this price, I’d like for them to provide a pump dispenser like the Lakme one. That would be even more convenient and avoid messes which is quite common if you’re a klutz like I am..
Have any of you tried the L’oreal Gentle Lip & Eye makeup remover?
You may also like reading:
- Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover Gel
- HipHop Instant Makeup Remover Pads Reviews
- Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Review
- Makeup Remover â€“ Lakme nine to five dual -Action Makeup remover review