Before I start todayâ€™s review, BIG THANKS to everyone who appreciated my first review! Thank you so much! Youâ€™ve really given me the encouragement to write more and made me sooo happy with your lovely words. Big big thanks to Anamika for this amazing blog and for making me a part of it now 😀 (yippee Iâ€™m so happy) Before I get too carried away, letâ€™s get started on todayâ€™s review 🙂
Today, I will be reviewing a shampoo for you all â€“ Lâ€™oreal Professional Density Advanced Shampoo. This is a densifying shampoo for thinning. Before I get started, a little bit about my hair- I have thick, wavy (not curly, S shaped waves) dry hair that is frizzy. Due to a recent nasty bout of illness, I have been losing hairs by the dozen! When no drugstore shampoo or oil could satisfy me, I decided it was time to head to the professionals 😛 and voila I arrived at a salon and asked them something for my hairfall. The hairdresser there suggested this one. Well, let us see how it fared for me
About Lâ€™oreal Professional Density Advanced Shampoo:-
Densifying shampoo- Formula enriched with vitamin PP, B6 and with OMEGA 6 Nutri-Complex to help nourish the roots, helps restore vitality and give the feeling of renewed density to thinning hair. Ideal for use with the Aminexil Advanced anti-thinning hair programme.
- Price: INR545 for 250ml.You can buy it from hereÂ
- Packaging:It comes in the typical packing of all Lâ€™oreal Professional shampoos. The medicinal looking fat bottle 😛 Itâ€™s an almost (say 90%) opaque white bottle with a flip top. Everything about the shampoo is written on it. The flip top cap is firm and snaps shut tightly. Itâ€™s not too tight so you donâ€™t have to worry about breaking your nails (god I hate when that happens!) Iâ€™m not sure how travel friendly this bottle is though owing to its large size.
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Cocamide MIPA, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Sodium Methyl Paraben, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-10, Dmom Hydantoin, Niacinamide, Lecithin, Pyridoxine HCl, Linalool, Methyl Cocoate,Â Coumarin, Sodium Cocoate, Safflower Glucoside, Limonene, Fragnance
My experience with Lâ€™oreal Professional Density Advanced Shampoo:
The shampoo is clear like water and thick in consistency. It has a kind of floral mixed with chemicals and vitamins fragrance 😛 itâ€™s not too artificial and itâ€™s not too strong. It doesnâ€™t stay on in the hair post a wash so donâ€™t worry sensitive noses. All in all, itâ€™s a pretty ok scent. I donâ€™t like it much but I donâ€™t mind it either.
The shampoo is thick but however doesnâ€™t lather AT ALL (SLS do your job :-() It just doesnâ€™t make my hair feel very clean either and I need to use a lot of shampoo so that I can feel my scalp clean even though I donâ€™t use products that might give me a greasy scalp. When I oil my hair, this shampoo fails at removing it out even with 3 washes which is a major con for me. So what I do is, I oil my hair during the morning (canâ€™t sleep with it coz I get pimples near the hairline), wash it off in the evening and then the next morning, again wash it off! If I donâ€™t wash for two days in a row when I oil my hair, Iâ€™m left with this disgusting oily, limp hair.
However on the bright side! This shampoo gave me soft and bouncy hair and reduced the frizz to an extent. Even when I donâ€™t use my conditioner (will review soon), my hair is soft and easy to comb through.Â My hair is wavy and the waves are more refined and more beach-like 😛 The effect lasts for a couple of days. It slightly reduced my hair fall although not completely and not from the first wash. You need to use it for a while to see its effect which is again not too drastic 🙁
Now summing up the proâ€™s and conâ€™s
What I like about Lâ€™oreal Professional Density Advanced Shampoo:
- Makes my hair soft and bouncy
- Reduced my haircfall to an extent (say 40-50%)
- Has a lot of vitamins in its ingredients list
- Sturdy packaging
What I donâ€™t like about Lâ€™oreal Professional Density Advanced Shampoo:-
- Doesnâ€™t drastically reduce hair-fall (for its price, I expected way more)
- Doesnâ€™t remove oil AT ALL (major con for me as I love my champi)
- Doesnâ€™t lather well so you need a LOT of shampoo for you to feel clean
- Smell is not great
- Too expensive and I wish it was available in different sizes so that you can try out a small pack to see if it works for you first
- Chemical loaded ingredients list L
- Not sure if itâ€™s travel friendly-bulky bottle
- Opaque so I canâ€™t see how much shampoo is left
Will I recommend it to others:
No, itâ€™s too expensive for what it does. I will not be re-purchasing this. Might try out a different variant of this range though, one that lathers and cleans the scalp well!
Rating: 2.5/5 (coz I expected way more due to itâ€™s high price tag)
Have you tried Lâ€™oreal Professional Density Advanced Shampoo?
You might also like reading these:-
- DIY â€“ THE BEST HOMEMADE SCRUB FOR EVERYONE
- Pondâ€™s Gold Radiance Boosting Cleansing Mousse Review
- How To Get Picture Perfect Makeup
- Launching The Wise She Food And Travel Blog
- Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips-talk in Shade #PK 001 Happy Pink Review
- Revlon Photoready Kajal Intense Eyeliner+Brightener Review & Swatches
- Forest Essentials Lip Balm â€“ Luscious Sweet Narangi Juice Review
- Essence XXXL Shine Lip Gloss 03 Nude Kiss Review & Swatch