I used to check the Lotus Herbals website often and when I saw the launch of this new range of skin polishers, I couldnâ€™t wait to try them. When I finally went to get one, I saw 2 lovely tubs but I stayed far away from the pomegranate one . Iâ€™ve been using this skin polisher on and off for the past 5 months and I still have quite a bit remaining in the jar. Soâ€¦..itâ€™s review time!!! :cute:
- Quantity & Price: Rs 155 for 50 gms & Rs 245 for 100 gms
- Shelf life: 3 years from mfg date
It is specially formulated for sensitive skin. It gently deep cleanses, tightens pores and rejuvenates skin.
Kiwi – Rich in vitamins that help in combating free radicals and aid skin cells regeneration.
Grapes – Astringent properties,cleanses & tightens skin pores.
- Results: Younger looking revitalized skin
- Other variants:
- Ingredients:D.M. Water, Glycerin, Vitis vinifera (Grape) seeds, Actinidia chinensis (Kiwi) seds, Vitis vinifera (Grape) extract, Xanthan gum, Chindrus crispus (Carrageenan gum), Polysorbate 20, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) methylisothiazolinone, 2- Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Â Quinizarine green SS CI No. 616565, Fragrance.
- Directions:-Gently apply the Kiwi & Grapes Revitalizing Skin Polisher on moistened skin with brisk circular movements on the face and neck. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. Use twice a week for fresh and younger looking skin.
- Packaging:-It comes in an attractive transparent tub that enables us to see how much product is left without even opening the tub. It has a dual plastic layer so that even if the outer plastic cracks or breaks, the product will not leak, since it is enclosed in another inner plastic tub. Once you screw open the lid, there is thin, flexible plastic lid covering the mouth of the tub that prevents the product from pouring onto the lid. Plus, the entire tub came sealed in plastic thus assuring you that the product is fresh and untouched. Although it is thoughtfully designed and looks really good, it is extremely unhygienic to use, especially in the shower.
- Color & Consistency:-It is a translucent, lime green gel with white and brown micro-granules. I love how bright and energizing the color is. The consistency is like a gel but neither thick nor runny or drippy. This really should have come packaged in a tube since it is really difficult to scoop the product out. Because of the smooth texture, it just slips from the hand and you have to keep dipping your fingers into the tubâ€¦.very unhygienic! So, itâ€™s a good idea to keep a tiny plastic spoon in the jar to avoid contamination. Since itâ€™s not too thick, it spreads easily and you need very little. In fact, just 1 tsp is enough for the face and whole body! :yes:
- Fragrance:-It has a lovely kiwi-melon fragrance thatâ€™s very fresh and uplifting. But it is not overpowering and will not irritate sensitive noses.
My experience with the product:
The first thing that drew me towards this product was the lovely tub packaging. Ironically, it is the same tub that will make me think twice about repurchasing this product. I generally use this in the shower and like Iâ€™d mentioned earlier it is not easy scooping out slippery gel from a wide mouthed tub especially when your hands are wet. The first few times, I had to literally tilt the tub and pout out product onto my palm. Then I gave up and dunked in a spoon. Using a spoon really ups the hygiene factor by quite a few notches but it is such a pain to use each time. For instance, if this came in a tube, all Iâ€™d have to do is flip open cap, squeeze out product onto palm, snap the cap shut and use. Simple! But with the tub, I have to screw open the lid (precious second wasted there), lift inner plastic lid, hunt for spoon, scoop out product, jiggle the spoon until the excess falls back into the tub, dump some product onto my palm (some more jiggling required here), dunk the spoon back into the tub, close the inner lip, screw on the cap and thennnn use. Phew!!! Sometimes I refrain from using this (esp. when Iâ€™m in a hurry) just considering all the precious time it will take up from my routine. Plus, Iâ€™m always scared that bath water is going to splash into the wide-mouthed tub. But all the bad things end here.
Â The polishing grains are moderately abrasive and donâ€™t harm my skin. This never broke me out and did not irritate my skin even when used over acne. It is not super mild like the Clean&Clear Daily Scrub but it isnâ€™t as harsh as the conventional apricot/walnut scrubs either. It is somewhere in between. It exfoliates well without being too harsh on the skin. Most scrubs are quite creamy and leave a residue on my skin so I end up having to follow up with a face wash. Also, my skin gets super oily soon after I use any scrub. But with this, I did not face any such issues. It does not leave any residue and I did not have to wash my face again. Plus, since it tones the skin, I did not end up looking like a fried-egg :yippee: I canâ€™t quite comment on the â€œyounger lookingâ€ claim since I donâ€™t think I have older looking skin 😛 So Iâ€™m not sure if it makes a difference on that front :cute: I would really love to use this daily, especially at night, in place of my normal cleansing and toning routine. But the instructions do specify that it is to be used only twice a week so I have to resist the temptation 😀
What I like about Lotus Herbals Kiwi & Grapes Skin Polisher:-
- Attractive packaging
- Jar comes sealed
- Tub is made of double-layered plastic and has an inner lid to prevent leakage
- Fresh kiwi-melon fragrance that it uplifting yet mild
- Consistency is smooth and easy to work with
- Polishing granules are not very harsh
- Did not break me out or irritate my skin
- Is not at all drying
- Leaves no residue
- Great to use before applying face packs since it cleanses and tones skin
- Can be used as a body polisher too
- One tub lasts really long since very little productÂ is required
- Will suit all skin types including sensitive skin
- Does not contain Parabens
- Comes in 3 variants
- Available in 2 sizes
What I donâ€™t like about Lotus Herbals Kiwi & Grapes Skin Polisher:-
- Very unhygienic to keep dipping fingers into the tub to scoop the product out and needs to be used with a spoon. Would have been apt in a tube.
I love everything about this skin polisher except the tub packaging. If this had come packaged in a tube, it would earn the status of my HG scrub!
You may also like to read:
- face pack for fairness homemade face scrub
- the natures co coffee face scrub review
- fabindia melon face and body gel scrub review
- hiphop skin care coffee face scrub review
- khadi scrub silver moon with sandal review
- body shop sweet lemon body scrub review