I am a huge fan of Lush body butters..this would not come as a surprise since I’ve reviewed most of them like You Snapped the Whip and Aquamirabilis…Lush makes 2 more i.e. Buffy (which I didn’t like and never repurchased after my short stint with it 3yrs back) and King of Skin. I would always go for those with the exfoliating beads so never thought of using King of Skin thinking it wouldn’t be too great. But the recent discount/sale made me think why not?? and I ended up picking this up as well as another YSDW 🙂
About Lush King of Skin
Body conditioner to make dry skin smooth and flexible. The King of Skin exists only to make your skin softer and smoother. You wash, you stroke the bar over your body, you rinse it off, you dry and you feel as if you’ve been transported inside the skin of someone younger. We use cocoa butter, shea butter and coconut butter, bananas, toning essential oils, jojoba and almond oils, fresh avocado and oatmeal. You will be mildly astonished at the effect which these natural ingredients can have when used properly.
My experience with Lush King of Skin:-
- Packaging â€“ This comes in a plastic mould in the shape of a crown and no other covering. I would suggest storing it in a metal tin to avoid excess melting..
- Color & Texture â€“ The body butter is a cream colored bar and super soft…so much so that it starts melting my my hands.
- Fragrance â€“ This has a buttery coconut fragrance…heavy on the butter. I expected it to smell more of banana since it was in the ingredients as well, but it doesnt smell of bananas at all. The fragrance doesn’t last long though..just about 30mins to an hour max..
I frankly expected this to be a flop…I tend to always have more faith in scrubs than normal body butters. But this was quite surprising. The SA told me of 2 ways to use this:
- After your bath (soaping yourself), rub this bar all over your body and then rub I tin a bit and then rinse off and pat dry
- After your bath, swipe excess water from your body and then take the bar and rub it all over. Then rub it into your skin and then pat dry without rinsing.
I used it both ways but prefer the 2nd method…both methods make my skin feel moisturized, but the 2nd just elevates the level of moisturization. My skin feel literally baby soft and silky too..This would also be ideal for those who shave their legs to be used after the process. It did not break me out and just melted on my skin.
In terms of lasting time, the effect lasts about 2-3hrs if used the 1st way and about 5hrs if used the 2nd way. I’ve read on a blog that it can be used after bath as a moisturizer as well, but I haven’t used it that way since I’ve been enjoying this new way of application much better.
This bar does melt quick but not as fast as the scrub body butters. This would last me approx a month or so since I use this about thrice a week. If used daily, I dont see this lasting more than 15days or so.
What I like about Lush King of Skin:
- Very innovative concept
- Easy to use
- Very moisturizing
- Lasts a decent amount of time
- The effects last longer than most body butters around.
- Makes my skin moisturized and silky to the touch
- Fragrance is pleasant.
- Didn’t break me out and would suit all skin types.
What I don’t like about Lush King of Skin
Some may not like the fuss involved in using this.
More Lush Temptation below:-
You may also like reading:
- Best Of Lush Shower Gels & Jelly Reviews
- Lush Sea Vegetable Soap Review
- Lush You Snap the Whip Review
- Lush Dreamwash Smoothie Review- Sunburn Cure
- Lush Ultrabland Review|Lush Ultrabland Cleanser Review
- LUSH Colour Supplement Jackie Oats Review
- 6 Lush Face Mask Are Here!