Lush Pow Wow Lip Scrub Review
Like most of you, I too love using different lippies. But unfortunately each time we use a lipstick and wipe it off, there’s always a bit of it that gets left behind and since my skin is dry, my lips tend to flake. If this is ignored, then my lips tend to become rougher with time and using lipsticks becomes impossible because it looks dry and kinda disgusting.
So when I read about lipÂ exfoliationÂ sometime last year, I realised it was exactly what I needed. Now we can all make a lip exfoliator at home as well, but being a lazy lazy gal I wanted something readmade requiring the least amount of efforts.
And when I read about these Lush Lip scrubs, I knew my prayers had been answered. Now Lush released these earlier this year and 2 other variants have been reviewedÂ hereÂ andÂ here. It did tempt me, but I wanted to actually see this at work before going for it. Hence, when I walked into the Lush store in November, I decided to try this new variant of lip scrubs which has come out. I used a tester and loved how soft it made my lips. And that was it…I grabbed a tub all for meee!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
About Lush Pow Wow Lip Scrub:
Our fabulous lip scrubs are here to keep your kissers sweet. This one will make your lips smell like our best-selling Snow Fairy shower gel. Bubblegum is made with exfoliating castor sugar and our delicious vegan flavour to gently scrub away rough skin, keeping your lips smooth and kissably soft. Simply rub it over your lips when theyâ€™re feeling the need for some sugar.
- Ingredients:Â Castor sugar, Organic Rose-Hip, Jojoba and Argan Oil
- Price:Â INR 600
- Quantity:Â 25g
My take on Lush Pow Wow Lip Scrub:
- Packaging:Â This comes in a tiny glass tub like theÂ LotusÂ orÂ VOVÂ lip balms. The lid is a screw top one and is very sturdy. I have carried it during travlling many times and the lid doesn’t come loose at all.
- Fragrance & Color:Â It has a very strong Mentos fragrance. Yes…have you tried mentos in lemon flavor? Then thats exactly what this smells like…and tastes like :)) The color as you can see is a minty green color with chunky sugar granules.
- Application:Â I just dip my finger in the tub and then scrub my lips in a circular motion for about half a minute.
Points to remember:
- The minty liquid sometimes settles at the bottom of the tub. Hence, I like to store the tub upside down.
- The granules in this scrub are larger that the others so choose the variant wisely.
- You can scrub for 30secs or even a minute. It all depends on how flaky your lips are. Don’t scrub too much though or your lips may get sore.
- Don’t take too much on your finger or else a lot of it will fall down. Work it a tiny bit at a time.
- As directed, you don’t HAVE to to wash it off after you’re done. Just lick it off.
Now for the surprise …
When the description mentioned that the scrub could be licked off the lips, I was a bit weirded out. But then I thought to try it out atleast once….and I was soooo surprised…Do any of you remember the poppoing candy we used junk out on in our childhood? Actually forget about childhood, I STILL love that candy…The minte you put a few granules in your mouth it starts popping like crazy as if crackers have gone off in your mouth!
This exactly what this scrub is! The minute you lick it off your lips or even if a granule slides into your mouth while scrubbing, the candy explodes and let me tell you its such a fun experience! I love this!
Pros of Lush Pow Wow Lip Scrub:
- I love Mentos and its fragrance…So this is a huge plus for me.
- It actually works to smoothen your flaky or eneven lips.
- The popping candy is a pleasant surprise
- Makes my lips tingle nicely for a while after.
- The moisturizing effect lasts for quite long.
- Easy to use
- Unlike a lot of Lush products which have a short life or need to be stored in the fridge, this one last a long long time.
- Travel friendly packaging
Cons of Lush Pow Wow Lip Scrub:
- Too expensive for a lip scrub
- Doesn’t work to heal chapped lips at all.
- The dipping into the tub thing may irritate some of you
- Packaging -Â Â 4.5/5
- Effects -Â 4.5/5
- Price vs. Value-Â Â 4/5
- Availability -Â Â 4/5
Â You might like reading these also:-
- Wise She Best Of 2011 – Best Lush Products
- Jingle All The Way Into LUSH CHRISTMAS CLASSICS!
- Lush Ring Of Roses Butter Cream Review
- Lush Happy Hippy Hair & Body Gel Review
- Lush Products In India
- Lush Aqua Mirabilis Body Butter Massage Bar Review
- Lush Big Shampoo Review
- Lush Dark Angels Cleanser Review
- Juniper Shampoo – Lush Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar Review
- Lush Launches National Campaignto demand protection for forests
- Lush Ocean Salt Facial Scrub Review
- Lush Love Lettuce Mask Review
- Lush Glorious Mud Mask Review
- Lush Mask of Magnaminty Review
- Lush Soak and Float Solid Shampoo Bar Review
- Lush Tiny Hands Review (Hands Serum)
- Best Of Lush Products