I have a penchant for picking up things I ‘ve used before and have been berated time and time again for this habit. But I can never seem to get rid of it. There have been umpteen times when I’ve picked up a weird looking or smelling product which turned out to be total duds but once in a while I happen to uncover fabulous products which work amazingly… Lush You Snap the Whip Body Scrub is one of those products…
I had used Lush BuffyÂ BodyÂ bar and regretted it deeply (it sorta ripped off my hide!) but my heart kept craving some other form of punishment. And when I sniffed this baby, I knew I’d found the perfectÂ scrubÂ for me. It was a classic case of ‘I smelled-I liked-I bought’..
About Lush You Snap the Whip Soap:
Hard core body scrub and butter bar to show skin how to behave. It’s black, it’s fruity and it scrubs your skin really, really hard. Get soaked in the shower and start your punishment. You Snap The Whip forces your skin to submit to its pumice andÂ charcoalÂ cleansing regime. Once the wickedly effective exfoliation is over, it comforts you with luxurious macadamia nut oil and scents you with fruity blackcurrant and bergamot essential oils. Your skin feels as if you’ve just peeled off the old one and revealed a sexy new one (which you have, in a manner of speaking).
- Price:Â INR 270
- Ingredients:Â Cocoa ButterÂ (Theobroma cacao), Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadamia ternifolia), Pumice, Laureth 4, Powdered Charcoal, Perfume, Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum)
- Appearance â€“It comes in a block form. There are no sizes available like n case of soaps of body lotions and shampoos. These large cubes are stored on their own or usually in plasticy holders of sorts. This is because it melts really fast. If you hold the bar in your hand for a minute the entire bar becomes slippery and in the effort to grip it, you will end up disfiguring it..believe me! I’ve done it! As visible, the bar is a dark black berry color and one can even see the exfoliating particles on the surface.
- Texture â€“This scrub actually looks more severe than it actually is. At the stores, the SA actually told me that most people worry that this will be too harsh because of the pumice and charcoal content and the overall look itself and skip it in favour of Buffy; but in reality, Buffy is much harsher than this. This scrub is much smoother and the charcoal and pumice particles are not too abrasive. But yes, if one has extremely sensitive skin, then this may not be the right option for you.
- Fragrance â€“Â I love the smell! The bar smells so intensely of blackcurrant and is a treat to the senses. When I use it, my entire bath end up smelling of this fruity scent and I absolutely adore this. I can’t think of anyone who could possibly hate the way this smells.
- How to use it â€“Â I decided to include instructions on how to use this because of my past experience with it. When I used this the first time last year, I just took the bar and used it directly after rinsing off my soap. While my skin was definitely exfoliated, the bar melted so fast that I had enough left only for a second use! I was so disappointed..Make no mistake, I enjoyed using it and the effects, but approx 700bucks for a bar which could be used just twice was a bummer and didn’t make any sense.
So, the next time I went to the store, I threw my ‘I know better’ look out the window and asked the SA if I’d used it right way. Turns out I hadn’t! What we’re supposed to do is, after soaping and rinsing, we just have to swipe excess water from the skin. Then taking a piece of the bar (it can be cut into 2 or 4) rub it all over and keep it aside. Then scrub in circular motion and rinse it away and ta-da!! You have exfoliated skin AND a bar you can use atleast 10 times. As an extra measure, before grabbing the scrub bar, I actually wipe my hand dry and only then pick it up. This way, the bar doesn’t melt as fast in my hand as it would when held in wet hands.Â Also, always store it in the fridge preferably in a tin. Paper is a strict no-no since paper tends to suck out the scents and moisture in the bar.
My Verdict:Lush You Snap the WhipÂ
After my ‘flaying’ experience with Buffy (Did you know it was initially called Buffy the Backside slayer??), this is a real treat. The scrub particles are not harsh and this actually helps in removal of tanning. The scent ensures a refreshing bathing experience and a huge plus point is that this scrub is moisturizing to the core! IT doens’t dry out my skin and I can wait a good 30mins before applying my lotion. TheÂ fragranceÂ also stays one and this is a real treat to use.
What I like about Lush You Snap the Whip:-
- The smell makes me feel so relaxed and fresh.
- Help in getting rid of a tan
- The fragrance is long lasting
- The scrub particles are non abrasive.
- Easy to use once you get the hang of it.
- Its moisturizing as well so no need to rush to the vanity straight form your bath.
- Helps in pigmentation lightening. My knees and elbows have gotten lighter.
What I don’t like about Lush You snap the Whip:-
- The process of using this may be too irritating and time-consuming for some.
- On the pricier side.
- Gets over really soon
- Moisturizing ability:Â 4/5
- Fragrance:Â 5/5
- Availability:Â 4.5/5
- Ease of usage:Â 3.5/5
- Price vs. Quality:Â 4/5
Would I repurchase this??Â Yeps…ofcourse 🙂
You may also like reading these:
- FOREST ESSENTIALS Facial Ubtan Multani Mitti Review
- Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer Celestial Review & Swatches
- Meet The Blogger â€“ Althea Lobo
- Products I Am Excited About This Month
- VLCC Diamond Detoxifying Wash-off Mask Review
- Shahnaz Husain Chocolate Nourishing Cream Review
- 10 Tiger Tattoo Ideas
- 10 Must Have Makeup Brushes You Can Buy From Sigma (Black Friday Sale)
- How To Apply Black Lipstick Perfectly This Black Friday