Is everyone ready for Holi or is it still cold in your city? As usual I am pretty excited about the festival:)
Coming to the myÂ favoriteÂ part of make up which is eye makeup .Review of MAC Angel flame was long pending but I wanted to come out with a tutorial using the whole quad so it took me little time.
MAC Angel Flame Eyeshadow Quad is from the MAC Fall colour collection which was launched few weeks back in India.
- Price Â – I think it is INR 2400 Â albeit not sure.
Â It’s a soft smoky pink eye Â makeup which I guess will be nice for a date.
Quad consist of Four shades which are as follows:-
- Chamomile – It’s a pretty yellowish white eyeshadow which has a satin finish.It’s really soft and I like using it as a highlighter during the day.
- Angel Flame – It’s orange mix with peach and has golden shimmer in it.Like Chamomile this one too is soft and the shade reminds me of melon pigments.Shadow lacks pigmentation and one needs to build the shade .A primer is definitely recommended while using it.
- Feather Pink – It’s a beautiful soft barbie pink with similar satiny finish.It’s cool toned.
- Gravel – It’s a blackish gray eyeshadow which has a touch of blue in it.It comes out little muddy but on lid its comes out as a pretty shade.I once applied it all over eyelid and dabbed some Inglot AMC pigment No 85 on it and it came out pretty .
Swatches of MAC Angel Flame Eyeshadow Quad :-
Chamomile ,Â Angel Flame,Â Feather Pink Â andÂ Gravel
And here we go with the MAC Angel Flame eyeshadow look 🙂
- Step1 – Appled NYX jumbo pencil Milk as a primer and blended it out nicely with my finger (Pic2 below).
- Step2 – Applied Angel flame eyeshadow (peachy orange) all over eyelid.(Pic 3 &4)
- Step3– This is how Angel flame comes out (Pic1 below).
- Step4 – Now applied a black eyeliner(Nyx Jumbo pencil black bean) and with a smudgeÂ brush/Line softenerÂ and smudged the eyeliner to give it a smoky effect.I covered my half eyelid with it and took the eyeliner to the outer corner (Pic 3 below).To soften the eyeliner I applied gravel)eyeshow from the quad(greyish black) .
- Step5 – In the crease I applied feather pink with MAC 226 small tapered blending brush.
- Step6 – From the crease to the brow bone applied chamomile eyeshadow.
- Step7 – Lined my lower lashline with a black eyeliner and applied angel flame in the inner corner and lower lashline.Also applied NYX jumbo pencil milk on lower lashline.Curled my lashes with Faces eye lash curlerÂ Â and filled my brows with MAC espresso eyeshadow.
Applied lots of mascara and I am done 🙂
Recommendations – Texture of all the shade is beautiful and it has variety of shades which makes it interesting.Albeit , Angel flame needs little work but it’s still a pretty shade to have.
Wise She Rating – 3.5/5
Product sent by brand for consideration but it has not affected my opinion.
You might like reading these also:-
- Look Book – MAC Weathered Eyeshadow & Sumptuous Olive
- MAC Dark Diversion Fluidlive Vs Inglot Eyeliner Gel Matte 74
- MAC Dazzleglass in Funtabulous: Review & Swatches
- MAC Slimshine Lipstick Missy: Review & Swatches
- MAC Lipstick in Overrich Review & Swatches
- MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara Review
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Lightscapade Review, Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Beauty Powder Feeling: Review & Swatches
- MAC Pigment In Tan Review, Swatches & EOTD
- Must Have MAC Eye Makeup Brushes