Hello girliesâ€¦I am back with another review, and this time of a pressed powder. In my humble opinion Pressed powder/Compact is an essential part of a makeup kit for anyone who has oily skin. It sets foundation in place, reduces shine, and absorbs excess oil. For those with an oily but otherwise clear skin, powder may be the only makeup needed to give the skin a smooth, healthy glow. However compromising on the wrong product or formula can leave you looking like you have an uneven skin tone and texture, while your T-zone shines on for the world to see.Â I tried a lot of products earlier including Mac Studio Fix powder foundation (although it is not a setting powder per seâ€¦but stillâ€¦there were so many tempting reviews of the same so I was left with no other option, but to get it :-))â€¦.ok, ok I know here Iâ€™ve to review Blot Powder and not Studio Fix, so lets do itâ€¦
â€œA unique pressed powder designed primarily to provide shine control without adding any noticeable colour or texture. Sets foundation, finishes face. For use in professional situations and for frequent touch-ups. Blot Powder contains Mica and Silica to absorb excess oils and reduce shine on the skinâ€™s surface. Can be applied with the puff that comes in the compact or with a powder brush like # 129 Powder/Blush Brush. Perfect for touching up Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation throughout the day.â€
- Quantity: 12g.
- Price: INR 1650/-
- Shades Available: 5, Light, Medium, Medium Dark, Dark, Deep Dark.
Shade being reviewed: Medium
Ingredients: Mica, Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Collagen, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.
My experience with MAC Blot Powder #Medium :
This product comes in a black round case with an inbuilt mirror and a puff, but the puff is not that great . I use either the sponge provided with Studio Fix powder foundation or my Body Shop Kabuki brush for properly applying this powder on my face. The product is a light weight pressed powder which is very finely milled without any fragrance, the formula is great and it does superb job of controlling oil for at least 2-3 hours in humid weather however, with primer underneath it can control shine upto 4-5 hrs.
After applying my foundation I use Blot powder to set it. This powder is very sheer and did not provide any coverage..it is as good as a translucent powder. Since this beauty neither imparts any colour of its own to the face nor provide any significant coverage- this is the time for your foundation to steal the show 😉 Once applied this powder feels very light and natural, even after the touch ups it will not make you feel cakey, patchy or heavy on the skin which is due to its formula that is silky, sheer and light weight.
Swatches of Mac Blot Powder Medium:
So after picysâ€¦..lets summarise pros and cons of the blot powder:
What I like about MAC Blot Powder #Medium :-
- Silky smooth and finely milled texture.
- Easy to blend.
- Travel friendly and sleek packing.
- Comes with a puff and inbuilt mirror.
- Controls oil very well, though for a short time, stillâ€¦
- Feels very light, seriously no cakiness, chalkiness or patchyness no matter how many times you re-apply it.
- Perfect setting powder.
What I don’t like aboutÂ MAC Blot Powder #Medium:
- If you are looking for a powder that has coverageâ€¦then this is not your cup of tea.
- Leaves a whitish cast in flash photography
- Poor staying power-it needs to be re-applied after 2-3 hours.
- Only available in Mac stores.
Rating: 4/5â€¦ I deducted 0.5 marks for poor staying power and 0.5 marks for price+availability issue.
Will I re-purchase it? Probably yes.
Have you tried MAC Blot Powder #Medium ?
You might also like reading these:-
- Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Warming Treatment Review
- How to Get Aishwarya Raiâ€™s Cannes Looks â€“ Makeup Breakdown
- Strawberry.net Is Back With 10% off on Makeup & My Recommendations
- Max Factor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation Review
- Jovees Fairness Lotion Water Resistant Sunscreen Review
- Coloressence Lipstick- Passionate Pink Review & Swatches
- LOTUS HERBALS FRUJUVINATE Skin Perfecting & Rejuvenating Fruit Pack Review