Yes…I’m officially Plum crazy 🙂 🙂 I got this baby sometime last year and kinda forgot about it for a while..Then a coupl’a months back when I got my new makeup organizers and started organizing, I rediscovered this!! I did feel like hitting myself..especially since I’d like to think of myself as fair towards all my blushes…I try not to be partial and treat them with equal love..So how could I have forgotten about my Breath of Plumm?!??!?!
Ok…enough with the theatrics 😉 (applause anyone? Or maybe a standing ovation for my performance?) I do think this is more like one of the many unsung heroes of MAC. We tend to gravitate towards the populars like Desert Rose, Peaches, Fluer Power…or Wow over the bolder shades like Frankly Scarlett or Fever. But then such unique shades get shoved into the background. But not anymore!!! Here I present the very gorgeous… BREATH OF PLUM!
Also Read MAC Blush in Desert Rose
My take on the MAC Breath of Plum Blush:
- Color: This pan of gorgeousness is a dirty plum-pink color. No shimmers so its perfectly suitable for work 🙂
- Price: Â INR 1100 & 980 for the refill
- Quantity: Â 6g
- Â Pigmentation & Texture: The blush has a sheertone finish and so is quite sheer and can be built up comfortably as you wish. Like Peaches blush, this also provides a nice plum-toned-pink wash of color to my cheeks.
- Staying Power: This blush staysÂ for about 4-5hrs easily on me.
- Application: I use a normal round blush brush and apply the shade to the sides on my cheeks towards my temples in a ‘C’ shape.
Also Read MAC Blush in Peaches
A point to mention about this blush is that on fairer skins this does look more pink. However, on deeper skintones, this would look more on the plummy side. But yes, it does suit any skintone! 🙂 🙂 This is a perfect blush for blush newbies or even for daily wear. I mention it’s perfect for newbies especially since its sheer and has to be layered to be built up. This I feel gives us a lot of flexibility since the chances of making more ‘boo-boos’ is greatly reduced.
Also Read MAC mineralize Blush in Dollymix
Pros of MAC Breath of Plum Blush:
- A perfect everyday kinda blush
- Flattering to all skintones
- A good blush to begin with.
- Can be built up as per our wish
- Staying power is good
- Pigmentation gets a Thumbs Up from me 🙂
- Nil fallout
- Doesn’t give any prob while blending.
Also Read MAC Blush in Feeling
Cons of MAC Breath of Plum Blush:
- Nothing at all!
I really wish this shade would get its due. It’s such a gorgeous shade but gets lost amongst the Breezy’s, Sunbasque’s and others… Kinda makes me think about the other blushes which I haven’t even spared a look for. 😉 😉
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4.5/5
Girls, Would you try this out?
You may also like reading:
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Must Have MAC lipsticks To Be Worn To Office
- MAC Off Shoot Lipstick :Review,Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Juxt Eyeshadow:Review,Swatch,FOTD
- 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
- MAC Cubic Blush, MAC Gingerly Blush, MAC Pinch Me, MAC Peach Twist Swatches
- MAC Swoon Pink Blush, MAC Fleur Powder, MAC Pinch Oâ€™Peach Swatches
- MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow :Review, Swatches & EOTD
- MAC Well Dressed, MAC Breezy, MAC Dolly Mix, MAC Coy Girl Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Overrich Lipstick
- MAC Slimshine in Missy
- MAC Craving Lipstick
- MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi